Aftermarket Remote Start?

Thread starter #1

TimLang

Hunter, NY
Buick Ownership
12 Regal GS Turbo
Hi All,
Ive owned a 12 Regal GS for about 16 months now. Contacted the dealer twice about getting a remote start put in. Both times they said they still dont have one available. So now i move on to aftermarket. It looks like i would need to get the Directed Electroncs DBALL2 Module with whatever remote sart i decide to get. Has anyone done this yet? Im a little wary. I dont want to get into a keyless entry system since my regal already has it. Just looking to enhance my winter experience haha.

Any input greatly appreciated
Thanks
Tim

jepva

Richmond, VA
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 6MT
He has a 6MT like me - doesn't come with remote start.

I would like to look into a solution as well that doesn't replace the OEM entry/security system. I have it on my 4runner and its gravy for the winter and those cold mornings.

itsbmw

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS - Black Diamond, 20s, nav, sunroof
using the DBALL and a viper remote start you'd be fine, they have MT mode, or if you can find a neutral safety wire you can use that. I looked into putting one on a regal, it's really not that bad, I feel my 11 malibu was a bigger PITA tbh. But I haven't done anything to my 6MT regal GS, so I can't say how difficult it is. But the DBALL modules make installs SO SIMPLE now.:headbang:

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
D.I.Y. For around $200.00

Here is what you NEED;

FORTIN EVO-ALL

FORTIN FLASH LINK UPDATER2 (To program the EVO All)
download flash link manager--->https://ifar.ca/en/products/flashlinkmanager.html

FORTIN THAR-GM1v2 (To connect the EVO-ALL directly to the CAN-Bus system in the steering column)

1 Amp diode (PUSH to START)

1 Ohm resistor (start/stop)

180 Ohm resistor (only needed if you have a MANUAL TRANSMISSION):headbang:

OR
Wire taps (I prefer the ones on the left)

a few feet of small gauge wire

OR
electrical tape (depends on how your feelin'):icon:

If you spend more than $200, your doing it wrong:cool:, or you ordered everything from the FORTIN website. This shit can be found WAY cheaper elsewhere (do your homework and make sure you get the latest models).
You do need some basic wiring skills (a little more than the GS L.E.D fogs) and a little patience during programing, but most of this install is plug-n-play.

HOW IT WORKS

Press the lock button (on your factory key fob) 3 times in a row.
The EVO-ALL tells your car the clutch is pressed/ tells your car your pushing the start button.......And then starts your car. (I think the newer models even turn your heated seats/wheel ON);)

The transmission MUST be left in neutral!!!
The Parking Brake MUST be ON!!!!
You need to unlock the door before getting in. If you use the Keyless entry method it shuts the car off.

I did install this myself on my 2012 Regal GS and it does work. (took about 3 hours)

If you don't think you can handle the programming and resistor/ diode portion of installing this... I have seen pre-wired/pre-programmed versions of this (for sale) on the interwebs.

SOME LINKS
https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/buick/regal/2012-push-to-start/

http://wirecolor.com/en/ <--one time access with your EVO-ALL purchase, you can pay to use it a few times. (pictures & wiring diagrams)

https://ifar.ca/en/products/#

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-C...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25839dbfe5

nizerims
Buick Street Team

midlothian

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I'm wanting to do this in my car (2013 GS 6MT), and everything I'm reading from Fortin says not to use the THAR-GM1v2 harness, since that's supposed to be used with a key and not push-to-start. How did you get this to work nizerims?

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
You can't read. I'm working on something in my free time to make it easy for you guys.(and me) write-up coming. ETA=when I get more free time

midlothian

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm working on something in my free time to make it easy for you guys.(and me) write-up coming. ETA=when I get more free time
I'm excited to see what you come up with, in your own time. I really appreciate you doing this for us Regal owners.

No need to take that tone. I'm sorry if I've missed something you've written in this thread (it's completely possible), but I assure that I can, in fact, read.

Again, thanks for working on this for everyone.

birdie2000

D.I.Y. For around $200.00

Here is what you NEED;

nizerims
Buick Street Team
Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but I can no longer find premade kits that don't specify "automatic transmission only" for our cars, including by the seller in your last link. Could you expand a little on how the resistors/diodes are used in the system and where to place them? Is your solution relying on a manual mode that involves the multi-step vehicle shutdown, or does it just bypass the clutch engagement switch directly?

Really hoping to find a mostly plug-and-play solution that only requires a couple minor modifications for a manual transmission, ideally without the special shutdown procedure.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.