Age of Drivers

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Just wondering what everyone's age is on here. I know Buick's typical customer is an older male (hey, these aren't cheap cars :)), but as they've been revamping their style it seems a younger crowd is also interested in a quality luxury American car. A similar thread was started on the Regal forum and there are many driver's in their 20's. I'm guessing we'll be a bit older but who knows!

Marc, 40, first Buick ever owned but I've had lots of other GM's. This LaCrosse is easily the best car I've ever owned. Couldn't be happier with it, glad I bought American.

HilarityEnsues

Bad eMail Address
Virginia
Buick Ownership
1994 Buick Century (SOLD... to some sucker) & 2009 Buick Lacrosse CX
24 in may. Since I got my Buick Monday night I've about half a dozen Elderly folks smile and nod or wave at me. Sort of embarrassing.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
LaCrosse bought at 40.

pogster

Alberta
My only other Buick was a 61 LeSabre bought in 1970 so I could get to my after school job. Very nice riding car. Paid $100 for it. Age 57.

Super LaX

Columbus, NJ
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS
Does this include the previous LaCrosse as well?

48 years old.

The V8 rumble takes me back to a simpler time.;)

This is my 5th Buick and I hope to get a few more before I'm done.

MHT

Indiana
I am 62. I have owned in the Buick line:1992 LeSabre ,1992 Park Avenue ,
and 1997 Park Avenue. I Traded in a 2010 Genesis 4.6 for the LaCrosse.
The first car that I purchased was a 1969 Nova SS, which I purchased after returning home from Viet Nam.

Last edited:

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
Mid 40's and almost as smart as I was at 18 (when I knew everything).

My first knowledge of Buick, at age 10 my best friends brother had a 1970 GS Stage 1 with dual quads/tunnel ram that he only drove on Sunday. So you see my perception of Buick is altered from the main stream because I initially thought they only made muscle cars with 500+ ft. lbs. of torque.:headbang:

My first "new" car: 1987 Buick Grand National (bought in '88) .....most fun you could have in a straight line
Also had a 1991 Buick Regal 3800 which was great transportation.
My teenage daughters' first car (current): 1998 Buick Regal GS (3800 Supercharged)
So you don't think I'm a one-trick pony I'll list some other vehicles I've owned: 1970 340 'Cuda, 1974 Satellite, K5 Blazers (5), Suburbans (4), plus many others only owned for a very short while.

shoman90

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'll be 60 on the Ides of March. This is my first Buick and it ranks right up there with the best cruiser cars I've ever had! I have had several other GM products over the years....starting with a 63 Corvair van

Buicks have ably shared the muscle car stage in the past. I've never paid attention to age demographics when buying cars. Buick didn't make anything I would want for a long time....and then they made the new Lacrosse.

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
33 Here. No surprise I'm in a Buick, as I've owned Avalons, Town Cars, Grand Marquis, and an Olds 88 (with a few others in the mix).

Previous car 2009 Genesis V6.

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35is, 2011 Acura MDX

First American car in 20 years (1987 Taurus SHO).

Everything since, other than a brief fling in a Supra Turbo, was a German performance car, including 2011 BMW Z4 S-Drive35is that currently occupies garage as a weekend toy.

Last experience in a Buick til now was several months of high school in an 1984 Buick LeSabre Collector's Edition.
Let's just say Buick's come a long way since then.

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
...must have been an 89 ;)

Definitely will take your word for that. Been a long time, so the exact year escapes me. Family bought it new first year they came out, silver with the grey leather/cloth combo.

Drive it 2 years of college. Great car. Amazing engine. Awful tranny. All this, of course, you know.

freezerburn

Buick Newbie
Louisville ky
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse 2010
33 years old. My dad is a GM worker and all he was talking about was how nice the Buick Lacrosse was and GM was making a lot of changes to get younger buyers. I was like whatever. After seeing one on the highway. I was sold. First Buick and proud Buick owner.

IMAG0108.jpg

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
I fell in lust when I sat in it on the showroom floor. Then after the test drive....I was in love and hooked.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I initially had an aversion to all wood trim (in all cars). The black Regal trim doesn't have any wood, it's all black. I thought I really wanted the Regal but was disappointed in all the lacking features. Wife pushed me into test driving the LaCrosse (why is she always right?) Now I love the car, trim and all!

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
I initially had an aversion to all wood trim (in all cars). The black Regal trim doesn't have any wood, it's all black. I thought I really wanted the Regal but was disappointed in all the lacking features. Wife pushed me into test driving the LaCrosse (why is she always right?) Now I love the car, trim and all!

If it ever starts to irk you again, just can just remind yourself it's not wood but plastic. :D

pogster

Alberta
Wood look, depending on the car, doesn't bother me. I wouldn't want it on a muscle car but on a luxury car I prefer a little bit of it. It may be plastic but I'm sure it will stay looking nice longer than a wood veneer which is important to me because I don't plan on selling this car for some time. Room was important to both of us, I liked the HUD, my wife liked how quiet the car is.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!