Age of Drivers

mylacrosse

CLIO, MICHIGAN
Buick Ownership
1987 Grand national
58 when I purchased my 2010 Lacrosse last fall. I have had several Buicks including a 1967 GS-400 convertible, 1965 Special, 2011 Regal, Century, and a Rainier. I also worked for Buick in the Flint area for 20 years. Yes I love Buicks!

HiHoSilver

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick LaCrosse Avenir AWD
31 when I purchased my new 2012 LaCrosse in October. I bought my first Buick when I was 21; a 2001 Park Avenue (used). After that, a 2002 Park Avenue Ultra (used), 2006 Rendezvous (new) and a 2006 LaCrosse (new). Loved all of them but the Rendezvous and really miss the Park Avenue's. Pretty much a Buick guy for life.

leadsnacks

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2012 Lacrosse Premium 3 Carbon Black
I'm 38, Bought a 2012 about 2 weeks ago. Wasn't actually planning on buying this car(or even in the market for a car) until my 2009 Mazdaz 6 Grand Touring was t-boned on the way to work after the New Year.

Anyway, father-in-law works at a Chevy/Cadillac dealership but had this used 2012 Premium 3 on the lot. It already had 28K on it, but I got it Pre-Owned/Certified(so up to 62K warranty) and it had most of the stuff I was looking for.

I do have an issue with it already, didn't notice it during the test drive, but under heavy acceleration I hear a kind of squeeking noise on the right side(from my view in the drivers seat) under the hood. To me it sounds like belt/pulley noise, but it doesn't do it under regular driving, just when I punch the gas a little harder than what would be considered normal. Won't do it in park while on the driveway, just when I'm driving. Taking it to a dealership on Friday, hoping it's nothing major.

Oh and I hear a tick/click from the HVAC system when it's running(on the right side also), nothing when it's shut off though.

Last edited:

matrixjjj

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
just hit 57 years old.... Seems like all those old people have silver buicks .. I inherited from my 83 yr old aunt who passed away 4 years ago It only had 25,000 miles on it when it became mine!!!

stumpyg91

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am 22 and own a 2010 DWT Buick Lacrosse CXL. I have put HIDS, laminate wood floor in the trunk and a few more little custom touches.

thegoose

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Bought a used 2007 Allure CXL (Canadian) for myself two years age (I'm now 52) but my wife (now 46) took it , though she complains that every time she sees a similar car, it's driven by old people. I tell her she can drive my car- a 2007 Dodge Magnum - she said no way. Go figure.:blink:

8-track

Buick Ownership
Buick
62 goin on 20, I’ve always bled blue & silver! I’ve owed nothing but GM my whole life! I know there are a lot of folks here that don’t & won’t agree, & that’s what makes the world go round otherwise this would be a pretty boring place. But don’t misconstrue the first statement. The reason for owning GM is the engineering behind it, not blind bliss. You need to look no further than history to prove it to yourself. GM was responsible for most of the ground force power and innovations during WWII on both sides! It has produced more first innovations than any other car MFG. The Pontiac G8 platform & suspension sits under Audi, BMW & Mercedes, not the other way around. I could go on but I have my reasons & they won’t nor should they be any one else’s! One last thing, at the end of the day for the money paid, the effort I put in, the longevity of the product & the return I get, nothing has ever beaten GMs products for me.

peacefrog_0521

Warren, Michigan
Buick Ownership
2007 Buick Lacrosse CXL
Hello All - I am 42 and have just taken the title on my father's 2007 Buick Lacrosse CXL (he's 75). I'd had little intention of getting a Buick until my Hyundai Sonata died a few months ago, and I borrowed his car while looking at new cars. Even as a 2007, it had just fewer than 40,000 miles on it. But it seemed to have a nasty wheel vibration, especially at highway speeds. I replaced a bent wheel and had new tires put on, which improved the ride quality tremendously and made it much more quiet. In the process I grew much more accustomed to the Buick, and since he wasn't really using it, he suggested that I should take it rather than buying a new car. I tried to convince him to keep it since he originally bought it for a quiet ride, but he'd made up his mind at that point. So I agreed.

About 10 years ago, in my early 30's, I worked as a Quality Engineer on the launch team at one of GM's major suppliers (won't say which), where we were responsible for the majority of the interior for the 2005 Lacrosse. (We had everything but the seats, which came from our competitor.) My specific role was to work with our sub-suppliers for the Instrument Panel and associated trim panels, which we built into a full "cockpit assembly" that included the steering wheel, radio, instrument cluster, pedals, etc., and sent as a completed and sequenced module into GM's assembly plant for installation into the vehicle. I visited many of our sub-suppliers and audited their manufacturing processes, took in their samples to GM for color & appearance approval, and reviewed their initial production dimensional & performance testing results to ensure conformance to specifications.

We overcame many manufacturing and engineering challenges to ensure good fit-and-finish panels with regard to color & gloss matching, flushness and gaps. Without giving too much away, I can tell you that the "ebony" (black) colors are particularly difficult to get right, as they can change significantly with varying gloss levels & colorant mixing from the manufacturing process. (You'd think black would be easiest, but it took almost a year to get it right.) We also made a lot of design & tooling changes to change the ways in which the various panels interfaced to each other, to get the fits just right.

I bring that up for a couple reasons; one is that while at the time I was intimately familiar with the instrument panel, I rarely got to see it in the finished vehicle myself (others on our team were responsible for that end of it). The other is that early on in the prototype phase we were shown an introductory promotional video, and I remembered that they stressed that the Lacrosse was intended to target a much younger demographic than the average Buick owner - hence the later marketing campaign featuring Tiger Woods.

Admittedly, the 2005 Buick Lacrosse was unlike any other Buick before it, and largely set the standard for every Buick that came after it. But to me it was still a Buick, with a Jaguar front-end, a Taurus rear-end, and an interior that didn't look altogether different from that in my 1996 Honda Accord. And it still had that lousy orange-colored fake woodgrain applique, which scratched very easily. We'd recommended a dip-based hardcoat which was much more durable, and also recommended an alternative of painting the horizontal passenger-side filler panel on the I/P with the same ebony mica paint as the center radio/HVAC/DIC trimplates. But GM wouldn't go for either of these options due to cost. (I guess not everything changes.)

From there, I went on to other projects, other commodities, and ultimately, other companies.

Several years later, when my father decided to buy a (used) 2007 Lacrosse, luckily for him he didn't ask me about it first. Looking at it for the first time, I could see that the build quality had not slipped. Now that I own it myself, I can sit back and admire our work. I find I've grown quite accustomed to it, though it still has its quirks. I don't like that it doesn't have a sunroof, nor any means to play an iPod (not even an AUX port - I added one later based on a post I saw here). I also find that the 3800 V6 engine, while powerful and bulletproof, is lacking in low-end torque, does not have Variable Valve Timing, and has sub-par gas mileage on anything but extended highway driving (where, surprisingly, it has above-par gas mileage). But the car is still well thought out and feature-rich. I found out that it has many convenience and appearance features as options: 17-inch chrome wheels, brushed aluminum door sill plates, dual power & heated seats, full-feature Driver Information Center (DIC), remote start, tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel. (Everything but a sunroof, which I will miss greatly when summer arrives.) I find the DIC is quite useful; for example, I no longer need a handheld tire gauge when filling my tires, I can just look at the tire pressure display while filling.

The fact that I see so many Buick owners here in their 40's seems to be a confirmation that Buick accomplished its intended goal of 10 years ago, and with nearly all of its product launches since.

Last edited:

whokarez

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm 31. Just purchased 2010 CXS last week. My last car was an 04 Acura TL. Parents get in and out of this alot easier. Great car....a few more horses and I would be completely satisfied.

DJD61

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2006 Allure CS
64, but we started owning Buicks in my 50s. This 2006 Allure ( LaCrosse) is our 4th Buick :)

NittanyDoug

Buick Ownership
Buick
Suppose I'll finally chime in. 37. Picked up our first Buick in late September (09 LaCrosse) and the 2nd in late October (13 Encore). They replaced an 05 Vibe and an 08 Vue.

FD611V

A spot somewhere between the Atlantic and Pacific
Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL1956 Buick Century, 1978 Buick Regal, 1988 Buick Centrury, 1999 Buick Lasabre
Bought my (new) 2006 Lacrosse at age 76, and on Dec. 15th I hit the old age of 83. I have an older brother with a 2007 Lacrosse and he will be 94 come July 12, 2014. He drive his Buick Lacrosse every day to buy a strawberry malt at Braums.

NGAneer

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Both 31. Once it was time to sell my wife's van she knew exactly what she wanted. 2010 CXS.

CXLRon

Northern NY
Buick Ownership
2010 CXL
I am 66 and bought my LaCrosse new 4 years ago. However this is not my first Buick as I had a 1950 Special way back in 1965. My folks had a 1960 Invicta and a 1963 Riviera when I was a kid.

Merrill Crosbie

Holladay, Utah, United States
Buick Ownership
1983 Buick Riviera Convertible and 2014 Buick LaCrosse Premium II
I am 58 and I bought a new crystal red 2014 LaCrosse Premium II. I also am the original owner of a 1983 Riviera Convertible that I have owned for 31 years. So I have been a Buick guy since I was 27. I also bought a new red 1989 Buick Electra T-Type that was one of my most dependable and favorite cars. I guess my Buick roots go back even further. My dad drove a 1959 Buick with awesome delta wing fins that I loved as a kid.

Tcwilliams89

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS
I'm 25 now, purchased our 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS in 2012 w/20K miles on it when I was 23. This is my wife's car, she was 22 when she got and now with almost 70K miles on it she is still in love with it. This was our first Buick but I'm sure it won't be our last. Btw before buying I test drove a 2010 Acura TL and the Buick blew it away! Way better ride than the Acura I test drove. View attachment 6819

Get your turbo buick badge right here!