Air Conditioner Fan

ksujgg

Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
So it was finally warm enough for the air conditioner to kick on high with re-circ yesterday. I noticed each time I stopped at a light, that the fan would pulse or stutter. The engine was still on each time. Has anyone experienced this with theirs? Just curious if this is the normal operation for this car.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Mine also does something similar. Like the fan is varying speed or the internal doors are moving back and fourth. Only happens when its warmer at higher fan speeds.

vizkiz

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Mine did this too. Decided to wait for first service to ask dealer to check it. This ended up being December, so it obviously it wasn’t doing it. Will ask again at my second oil change, at 40% right now so next one should put me in the warmer weather.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
1979 LeSabre, 2010 Enclave, 2018 TourX
So it was finally warm enough for the air conditioner to kick on high with re-circ yesterday. I noticed each time I stopped at a light, that the fan would pulse or stutter. The engine was still on each time. Has anyone experienced this with theirs? Just curious if this is the normal operation for this car.
Mine does this as well. It is distracting. Pulsing is a good description.

Wlepse

Buick Ownership
None
Thanks. I haven't noticed this yet but I am sure I will now that you've pointed it out. Forums can be a blessing and curse. A long time ago I read a review of my TV that said they were prone to banding. After reading that, that was all I could see.

rangs

Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX Essence
Mine makes a whirring-type noise when auto-stop kicks in and the climate system is on, but no pulsing. I wonder if it's normal, cuz it sure is annoying.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.