air conditioning odor in cabin

gareth cody

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Not every time, but when I start my 2013 Verano a very bad smell permeates the cabin. It's a musty, almost dead-animal stink. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hulk311

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have the same problem. Funny thing is I noticed it last summer when my car had less than 20,000 miles on it. I just changed it a couple of weeks ago so I'll see if it goes away this summer.

G-946359

Not every time, but when I start my 2013 Verano a very bad smell permeates the cabin. It's a musty, almost dead-animal stink. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?
I have a 2012 Buick Verona does the same thing. Changed cabin filter which solved it for about month and half but it’s stinking again. Just wondering if you could run without it?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The filter isn't the source of the odor. Try removing it and spraying some lysol or other product in the duct work. Also make sure your AC drain isn't blocked.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners