Air suspension valve....

cornick

2005 Lasabre
For the life of me I can NOT get this valve out of the old struts. I've ordered Monroe MA822 as replacements as I had a blow out in one....but it just won't budge and I'm afraid of breaking it.

Currently having PB Blaster soaking it trying to get it to loosen up.

IMG_3691.jpg

cornick

2005 Lasabre
If you have the Monroe shocks you should see it's on them, just the air hose should pull out. View attachment 24570
Yup I see that. But I can’t get the hose to pull out. I’ve watched videos of people just twisting and pulling and they pop right off. These are not...my guess is they are so rusted in there. I’ll let the PB Blaster do its work over night and see what happens in the am I guess.

Homer Jay

New York
2001 LeSabre
Speaking of rust, the rotor appears to have a heavy buildup. When was the last time you drove the car? If recently, the rear brake in the picture is probably not engaging fully.

Nevermind, my orientation was off and was looking at the hub!

Last edited:

cornick

2005 Lasabre
So thought I'd update and show a picture of what the connection actually looks like under the plastic clip. I decided to just pull as hard as I could and it finally came out. Figuring if I broke it, my local store did have the lines in stock so I could just replace it all for $20.

The drivers side is what gave me the fight. Passenger popped right off without an issue.

With the drivers side the o-rings actually stayed in the valve and I had to use a pick to get them out. Put it back together and this is what you end up with in the valve.

All connections back up and running and compressor is happy...nice smooth ride.

Hope this helps someone else if theirs is as stuck as mine was. Just pull straight out. :)

IMG_3692.jpg

Frampton

2003 buick lesabre custom
So thought I'd update and show a picture of what the connection actually looks like under the plastic clip. I decided to just pull as hard as I could and it finally came out. Figuring if I broke it, my local store did have the lines in stock so I could just replace it all for $20.

The drivers side is what gave me the fight. Passenger popped right off without an issue.

With the drivers side the o-rings actually stayed in the valve and I had to use a pick to get them out. Put it back together and this is what you end up with in the valve.

All connections back up and running and compressor is happy...nice smooth ride.

Hope this helps someone else if theirs is as stuck as mine was. Just pull straight out. :)

View attachment 24581
Good job. The drivers side always seems to be the hard side to get out but oh well, that's older cars for ya! Lol

Get your turbo buick badge right here!