All I want for Christmas is:

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Outside of the fuel economy, I’ve been really happy with the performance/smoothness of the LTG engine. I was spoiled with TDI fuel economy numbers in a smaller/lighter car, though, so it’s not a fair comparison. I see the bi turbo diesel as a huge plus, not a settle. The V6 would be a ‘settle’ for me.

Maybe one day I’ll import the front clip from a bi-turbo diesel model of this car and do a swap, but right now I’m incredibly happy.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I think the 2.0T is fine.
Good compromise...Surprised to see can do 155mph and without speed limiter may bury speedo.
30 mpg or more at sane speeds, and really stable at 100+mph.
LJ

Thread starter #7
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
Have you driven the 2.0t? It's pretty peppy.
I have driven one, and it's good. I just get frustrated when I realize all the choices the EU has for wagons. The European version of the TourX has all kinds of options and interior colors not available in the US. Currently I have a Mercedes E400. In europe the diesel is available, but not here. BMW has the 528D. Jaguar has a diesel Sportbrake. There are also all kinds of other good looking wagons in makes not sold here.

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I just traded my BMW 530 touring (2006 year) for a TourX, and power feels similar - 255 for both but more peak torque from the turbo 2.0 than the inline 6 3.0 liter. It's also my first automatic (ever) so it surprises me when I stomp it and it downshifts and kicks my head back. With the stick, I knew what was about to happen.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
I have driven one, and it's good. I just get frustrated when I realize all the choices the EU has for wagons. The European version of the TourX has all kinds of options and interior colors not available in the US. Currently I have a Mercedes E400. In europe the diesel is available, but not here. BMW has the 528D. Jaguar has a diesel Sportbrake. There are also all kinds of other good looking wagons in makes not sold here.
I agree, it's bit frustrating that us Americans are so in love with boring CUVs, resulting in limited choices for us wagon fans. On the more affordable (non-luxury) end of the spectrum, I would love for the Mazda6 wagon to come here.

Last edited:
IL
Buick Ownership
none
So you want the Sports Tourer (the "regular" height and uncladded version sold in Europe) in GS trim. I could get on board with that.
Probably the closest thing in existence is the Opel Insignia Sports Tourer GSi, which comes standard with either our 2.0L gas engine or a turbo diesel. Alternatively, there is the Holden Commodore Tourer which comes standard with the 3.6L V6, although it's TourX/Country Tourer trim (with cladding)

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I actually like that the cladding, helps protect paint.
With wider then stock tires I need the protection.
Both the cladding and wheels are growing on me.
LJ IMG_20181023_165009291_HDR.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.