• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

All weather mats for Buick Regal Opel Built Units

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Guys, I tried to find all weather liners (not floor mats) for my German built Regal turbo but GM Canada Accessories moved them away from the site. Some dealer's part stores told me that they don't have them for 2011 Opel built models, only for Oshawa units.:confused:

The front ones have snap on buttons for the front mats and this could be a problem for proper fit (I guess). They don't hook on through the holes.

Did anybody have a chance to buy or shop for such item? Are the WeatherTech matching ones or maybe Husky brand?

Last edited:

Erebus

North Central MA
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Guys, I tried to find all weather liners (not floor mats) for my German built Regal turbo but GM Canada Accessories moved them away from the site. Some dealer's part stores told me that they don't have them for 2011 Opel built models, only for Oshawa units.:confused:

The front ones have snap on buttons for the front mats and this could be a problem for proper fit (I guess). They don't hook on through the holes.

Did anybody have a chance to buy or shop for such item? Are the WeatherTech matching ones or maybe Husky brand?

Here are the WeatherTech liners for the 2011 Regal

$100 for just the first row
$170 for front and rear

I have had WeatherTech liners in my last 3 vehicles and swear by them. Awesome product. And judging from the picture on the webpage they use the factory snap down buttons to keep them in place.

Last edited:

littlepeople

Buffalo NY
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Not sure about the opel built but I just purchased the Husky weather beaters ( Front back seat ) and they fit like a glove at almost half the price of weather tech. Even cover the hump in the back- awesome.

Erebus

North Central MA
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Are the floors different between the Canadian and German built models? The WeatherTech website makes no mention of the only fitting one or the other.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Not sure about the opel built but I just purchased the Husky weather beaters ( Front back seat ) and they fit like a glove at almost half the price of weather tech. Even cover the hump in the back- awesome.
Are the floors different between the Canadian and German built models? The WeatherTech website makes no mention of the only fitting one or the other.
Thanks, guys. Weather Tech has a Canadian page with $209 price and it shows the same picture. I don't think there is a difference between Opel and Oshawa built models regarding floor fit.

For some reason Husky liners are half the price but they don't show the picture of the Regal liner. Not sure about snap on button fit at the front, do they, littlepeople? Is your Regal German or Canadian built car?

Last edited:

littlepeople

Buffalo NY
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I got the Husky ones at Auto Anything.com. They show a picture of them on their site. They do not button into the front driver side area. They have huge molded in tabs that really grip the carpet so they will not move.

Does everyone take out their regular mats when they put in the all weather ones? I leave mine in.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
have the german assembled regal with the weathertechs look great...
I got the Husky ones at Auto Anything.com. They show a picture of them on their site. They do not button into the front driver side area. They have huge molded in tabs that really grip the carpet so they will not move.

Does everyone take out their regular mats when they put in the all weather ones? I leave mine in.
OK, I guess both will work. I will make up my mind about the one that would work for me pricewise .

Thanks!

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
I have the Husky liners in my German-built Turbo and they work great for the price. However, I have noticed that the front liners do shift around a bit because they do not lock in place. They do not not shift enough to impact functionality but if that is something you are willing to pay extra for, then the WT liners are for you.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I have the Husky liners in my German-built Turbo and they work great for the price. However, I have noticed that the front liners do shift around a bit because they do not lock in place. They do not not shift enough to impact functionality but if that is something you are willing to pay extra for, then the WT liners are for you.
Unless they shift or slide forward too much I may go with those, did you take out stock floor mats?

CXLTsouth

Buick Ownership
Buick
I took a chance on these on ebay, I got them in black.
I had weathertech on my HHR SS (still have them in the garage).
The wife doesn't like the hard feel of the Weathertech units so I was looking for an cheaper alternative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&item=190531390439&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They fit perfect and used the factory snaps. They use a rubber based material, so its softer then the weathertech units.

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
The wife doesn't like the hard feel of the Weathertech units so I was looking for an cheaper alternative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&item=190531390439&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They fit perfect and used the factory snaps. They use a rubber based material, so its softer then the weathertech units.
Good deal but the reason I like the husky and WT liners more than those is that the back liner is one piece and goes over the middle hump.

Erebus

North Central MA
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Good deal but the reason I like the husky and WT liners more than those is that the back liner is one piece and goes over the middle hump.
I'm thinking I might like the 2 piece rear seat liners better. How hard is it to get the one piece ones out of the car without spilling what's in them all over the seat and floor?

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I'm thinking I might like the 2 piece rear seat liners better. How hard is it to get the one piece ones out of the car without spilling what's in them all over the seat and floor?
I agree, BTW I ordered Husky all weather liners with Autoanything.com with 10% online discount ($95+shipping TBD). Tipping point, beside the price gap, was more (positive) reviews from new Regal owners. We will see how much it will be for total amount.

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
Hello,

How are those ebay floor mats? Do they stink like rubber?

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
I vacuum the mat before pulling it out and then clean with high-pressure washer.

The middle hump cover is especially great in places with snow winters and when you have young kids - I fit both of those criteria :)

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
Ok cool, lol I know that sounded like a retarded question... Sorry everyone - not trying to be redundant here, but so regarding the types of all-weather floor mats / liners...

The Husky all weather liners:
Hard Plastic
Doesn't use the 2 button post things to secure in place?
Full 1 piece rear

WT liners:
Hard Plastic
Uses the 2 button post things to secure (?)
Full 1 piece rear

Ebay Mats via CXLTsouth link:
Floppy Rubber
Uses the 2 button post things to secure
2 piece rear
Doesn't smell like rubber