• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

All weather mats for Buick Regal Opel Built Units

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
Husky calls their material "rubberized thermo-plastic"

WT calls their material "patent pending High-Density Tri-Extruded (HDTE) material allows for a rigid core for strength while offering surface friction to the carpet, as well as tactile feel to the surface"

CXLTsouth

Buick Ownership
Buick
Ok cool, lol I know that sounded like a retarded question... Sorry everyone - not trying to be redundant here, but so regarding the types of all-weather floor mats / liners...

The Husky all weather liners:
Hard Plastic
Doesn't use the 2 button post things to secure in place?
Full 1 piece rear

WT liners:
Hard Plastic
Uses the 2 button post things to secure (?)
Full 1 piece rear

Ebay Mats via CXLTsouth link:
Floppy Rubber
Uses the 2 button post things to secure
2 piece rear
Doesn't smell like rubber
The Ebay floor mats are not floppy rubber, they are rigid and form fitted to the floor :thumpsup:

Erebus

North Central MA
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Husky calls their material "rubberized thermo-plastic"

WT calls their material "patent pending High-Density Tri-Extruded (HDTE) material allows for a rigid core for strength while offering surface friction to the carpet, as well as tactile feel to the surface"
Translation - "Rubberized Thermo-Plastic".

Seriously, there is only so much they can do with the material that they make floor liners out of. Either it's rigid, flimsy or in between. The real questions are how well they fit/stay put, match the interior color and how easy they are to clean.

I have always had great success with WeatherTech but I must admit I am considering those Ebay jobbies. I never cared for the big logo on the weathertechs. Although they are less obtrusive with black interior. My last vehicle(Chevy TrailBlazer) had a beige interior and the logos drove me nuts.

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
ok so are they semi-rigid? Wow- who would of thought we'd have such a long thread going on regarding floor mats?

I had a 2008 bmw 328xi with their brand "all weather floor mats" and they were basically floppy - not in a bad way by any means... actually my car came with the "trunk liner" and its pretty floppy...

I think I'm going to pick up the ebay ones as well... can you confirm they actually use the post things to secure in place?

CXLTsouth

Buick Ownership
Buick
ok so are they semi-rigid? Wow- who would of thought we'd have such a long thread going on regarding floor mats?

I had a 2008 bmw 328xi with their brand "all weather floor mats" and they were basically floppy - not in a bad way by any means... actually my car came with the "trunk liner" and its pretty floppy...

I think I'm going to pick up the ebay ones as well... can you confirm they actually use the post things to secure in place?
Yes they do snap in place.

I'm not guaranteeing the ebay mats in any way, this is the first time I've ever had them. So who knows how long they will last.

But I've also owned Weather Tech mats with previous vehicle and the ebay mats fit just as well imo.

I'm pretty sure I will get my $80 out of them, but those of you that live in the Northern climates will be able to test there durability out much more then I.

Last edited:

CXLTsouth

Buick Ownership
Buick
Translation - "Rubberized Thermo-Plastic".

Seriously, there is only so much they can do with the material that they make floor liners out of. Either it's rigid, flimsy or in between. The real questions are how well they fit/stay put, match the interior color and how easy they are to clean.

I have always had great success with WeatherTech but I must admit I am considering those Ebay jobbies. I never cared for the big logo on the weathertechs. Although they are less obtrusive with black interior. My last vehicle(Chevy TrailBlazer) had a beige interior and the logos drove me nuts.
Well you can buy the weather tech for $200+ or give the $80 ones a try.

Best Auto Mats

Buick Ownership
Buick
I work at a dealership and sell them. We sell them for $95. I will discount the back set if you buy the fronts too. I'm not sure if I can post my email or phone number at the dealership, but you can PM me and I'll get you the information.

I have the weathertech's in my ride, and I love them. They are so well built and completely made in the USA. They really dress up the ride. I just pull mine out and powerwash or hose them off and I never need to vacuum my car. Plus no more "dirt rings" around the floormats anymore! The huskylines look cheap in my opinion. The weathertechs just look more classy. My dad has huskyliners in his malibu and the edges has sort of been bent down with gravity and you can see the spikes on the back so it doesn't look as nice. He's had them for two years.

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
just installed a set of WT's in the regal and in the F-150, cost me $369 for both and they came in 2 days delivered on a sat. they really fit nice and look great. The WT's do not snap in on the regal. I don't think they will go anywhere the fit is so tight. they have a bit more of a plastic feel than i thought.... we shall see how they wear.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
just installed a set of WT's in the regal and in the F-150, cost me $369 for both and they came in 2 days delivered on a sat. they really fit nice and look great. The WT's do not snap in on the regal. I don't think they will go anywhere the fit is so tight. they have a bit more of a plastic feel than i thought.... we shall see how they wear.
I went to local retailer for Husky Weather Beater liners for Regal and they seemed fine to me, the price not so much $189 CDN +13% tax, lead time 2-3 weeks. I ordered them directly from Husky last night $144 US, two weeks to get them.

After I read your post I have decided to pass on Weather Tech if they don't snap in place as it shows on the photo.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Again no one has got a hold of me but we will kill those prices. We are a Weathertech diamond dealer!
Anything shipped from the US places was too pricey with shipping and brokerage fees, add customs and taxes and it goes over $200 CDN. WT liners don't snap in either, purchasing WT liners goes only through Canadian retailers. I hit the wall a few times and gave up.

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Anything shipped from the US places was too pricey with shipping and brokerage fees, add customs and taxes and it goes over $200 CDN. WT liners don't snap in either, purchasing WT liners goes only through Canadian retailers. I hit the wall a few times and gave up.
You know you can not pay the brokerage and processing fees from UPS?
I always get them to email me the commercial invoice, and I go to the nearest CBSA office and "clear" it through customs myself and pay the owing GST and Duties from import. UPS will charge a stupid amount in brokerage - and I never have to pay it...

I then go to UPS with the B15 form saying it has been paid, call the broker link line and they give the UPS employee the confirmation number to release my package.

Saved $45 on my cargo liner last month.

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
Hi Everybody,

Do any of these mats have a stomp pad section for the left foot (manual drivers know what i mean) ... I find it weird they don't have one built in or a rubber block or something in my manual!

Erebus

North Central MA
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Hi Everybody,

Do any of these mats have a stomp pad section for the left foot (manual drivers know what i mean) ... I find it weird they don't have one built in or a rubber block or something in my manual!
You mean the dead pedal right? The place you put your left foot when you're not clutching.

I would like to know too. Do any of them cover the dead pedal?

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
You mean the dead pedal right? The place you put your left foot when you're not clutching.

I would like to know too. Do any of them cover the dead pedal?
yeah, stomp pad, dead pedal - that place you can put your foot when not clutching...I don't think there is even a dead-pedal there now, just floorboard and carpet.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I got my Husky WeatherBeaters liners in black today, ordered directly from OEM. They look good and sturdy but I did not have a chance to install them yet. It was a trying and busy week at work.

More about it maybe tomorrow...