• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ALL WHEEL DRIVE OFF message.... HELP!!

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Started the TourrX this morning and got an "ALL WHEEL DRIVE OFF' message on the instrument cluster information screen. I did nothing but start the car for the morning ride. (2018 white needle)

A few miles down the road i got a "SERVICE ALL WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM" alert on the same screen. there was also an audible alert like a seat belt alert.

Cant find much in threads about this so i'm looking for information or help with this problem.

IMG_20200212_100715.jpg IMG_20200212_131732.jpg

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Bring it in!

but he didnt have any loaner cars for me so Im calling in the morning to see if that has changed.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Are you a member of the TourX Facebook group? I think I recall someone getting a similar message. They were driving in the snow when they got the message and their car drove like a crappy FWD with no traction control (one drive wheel).

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
No,

Not a member... But really don't do Facebook much.

But if its a resource for information.... Ill look into it.

I'm just hoping I don't have a major problem on my hands.

I'm just worried since there isn't much in these forums on this website.

I was hoping to gain some back round knowledge before I get to dealer so I can sift through their BS.

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
UPDATE...

I've driven the car a little. Several different stops to take my daughter to school... a couple stores. Error message always came back on.

Car is at the dealer. They found a loaner for me.

They have no idea how long they will have it.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Are you a member of the TourX Facebook group? I think I recall someone getting a similar message. They were driving in the snow when they got the message and their car drove like a crappy FWD with no traction control (one drive wheel).
Crappy FWD? I remember when FWD was the best thing since sliced bread.

I never had problems (in snow) with RWD back in the days before posi- Traction. I knew how to drive!
Then American cars came out with FWD. everyone thought it was the only way to go in winter. Now everyone wants AWD.

I’ve driven FWD Continentals, Sonatas and GM X-Cars. Never got stuck, although FWD cars have a tendency to Understeer in snow.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Crappy FWD? I remember when FWD was the best thing since sliced bread.

After rereading what I wrote sounds like I put down FWD. Not my intention. Was just trying to say it defaults to a FWD vehicle with no traction control and that person said TourX traction sucked in snow.

My dad owned a 1980 Honda Civic with the upgraded 1500cc engine. That FWD was a beast in the snow. Still one of my favorite cars I've driven... with the exception of a S2000.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I had this happen once. Lost AWD, Traction Control, and Anti-lock brakes. Next drive threw same error. Never a problem again after that

Last edited:

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Sorry guys.... I've been working long hours.

UPDATE:

Problem was corroded circuit wire.

Found inside a wiring harness.

I believe part number is 1640.

In the end... Not too bad.... Burt I was nervous I had a serious issue going on.

I think this is a prime example of what people are describing as lot rot.

bought my 2018 in November of 2019..

Bonus for me is I got to drive a 2020 Acadia with only 5 miles on it for a few days!

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for the update Apple.

For me, yet another reason I've changed to not keeping cars a long time anymore. Although I'm not happy there won't be any more TourX's - sure hope there's reasonable alternative in a couple years.

Turbo Buick Badge