Almost got into the wrong GS today

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
So we all know Regal GS sightings are pretty rare...at least they are in my area. Today I had to run into the grocery, and when I came out I went to what I thought was my car. I had a lot on my mind and wasn't paying too much attention, and tried to get into another white diamond tricoat GS! As I walked up, I thought...man my rims are dirty...(it had 19s) and didn't notice until I went to push the button on the door handle and it wasn't there, well it was but it was painted white and didn't stick out like mine. It must have been a '12...but man what a bonehead moment! But to be fair, this was only the 3rd GS I have seen. And it had a Ball State Alumni plate like mine, and it was the same color! Luckily no one saw me....

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
In a similar incident in my part of the world, a person went out to the parking lot of the local mall, and found his/her (duplicate) Lincoln. When she/he inserted the key into the door & ignition, it worked! It was about an hour later that he/she discovered that the car did not belong to them. The original owner had reported the car stolen, and police pulled the car over as a stolen vehicle. Very embarrassing moment, for the old folks who thought they had their own car! Ford Motor Company claimed, that was one chance in 1-M.

chadder

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Funny! I'm in Muncie with a White Diamond Tricoat GS. No BSU alum plate though, and my rims are always clean. ;)

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
The odds are pretty slim...chadder I am in Muncie every few weeks for work. I'll keep an eye out. And my rims were dirty from the rain we've been getting....

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I had a similar incident once with a friend. She had a Mazda Navajo, which is basically a Ford Explorer. She left something in the car, and had me go get it. I somehow unlocked the wrong car, then when I got in, realized it was the wrong one, same color and all. Strange indeed! As for push buttons, my 12 GS has them on the door, the button is body color, while the handle is chrome.

jester435

Salt Lake City, Utah
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
My Wife had this happen with her Lexus and two guys were trying to get into the car while she was on the phone with a friend sitting there. It was hilarious and sad.. She thought she was getting robbed and freaked. The guys were super sorry about it.

chadder

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
The odds are pretty slim...chadder I am in Muncie every few weeks for work. I'll keep an eye out. And my rims were dirty from the rain we've been getting....

Haha! My rims were probably a little dirty too but I'm anal about it. I go to Indy a couple of days a week for work.

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
That is pretty funny... I think with the added gs advertisement it has really raised sales-- I've seen quite a few as of recently.

IndyGS

Indianapolis, IN
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
I'm from Indy too, and saw a WDT about two cars behind me coming off the south end of Monument Circle Wednesday evening. I went straight on Meridian, and the WDT turned east onto Washington St. Was that you cmgww or chadder? I'm in a '13 BDT.

Last edited:

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
I'm from Indy too, and saw a WDT about two cars behind me coming off the south end of Monument Circle Wednesday evening. I went straight on Meridian, and the WDT turned east onto Washington St. Was that you cmgww or chadder? I'm in a '13 BDT.

Wasn't me...haven't been downtown in a while. I'm usually on the NE side

AWDRegal

Buick Ownership
leased '12
Is it me or are there just more white GS' out there? All I see are white ones I have seen maybe two a week but they're all white!

chadder

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS

Not me. I don't get downtown very often. If you see a WDT GS in an Indy Skyline Chili parking lot or at Yats in Hamilton Town Center, it might be mine. Just sayin'...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or are there just more white GS' out there? All I see are white ones I have seen maybe two a week but they're all white!

It's because the white are the best looking! ;)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!