• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Amazon Alexa Update for 2018+ GM Vehicles

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
If this update makes it into our cars, there's a possibility other patches/bug fixes may also work their way into the update. That's what I am more excited about. I personally haven't had issues with my infotainment system but I am aware of the gremlins that exist.

kqian111

My guess is this will only be for the 2018.5 white needled systems that run on Android and have more flexible update framework. I doubt they will continue to update and service the previous QNX based (red needled) systems.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
My guess is this will only be for the 2018.5 white needled systems that run on Android and have more flexible update framework. I doubt they will continue to update and service the previous QNX based (red needled) systems.
This was a thought I had as well.

Note: There are some red needle Regals with the new UI.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Are white needles able to update over the air? I thought I had read or been told the white needles did not, but maybe that was only related to navigation or something.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
They can already listen to you, track you, and even shut your car down. Haven't you seen the Onstar commercials ?
Thats why you need to have power switch to shut off onstar.
Really sucks when they shutoff your getaway car.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
Are white needles able to update over the air?
Some components and apps download updates OTA. The mention of a "USB radio update" in the backup camera thread makes me think though that the core OS updates are not delivered OTA.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I'd pay extra if tuners added a disable OnStar option to their performance tunes, Auto start stop, meh.
I guess I will have to depend on no Onstar in 99 TA... but I guess from the black box they can tell you were going 160 mph before the aliens zapped you....Assuming black box or anyone else survives.IMG_20180910_092331651_HDR.jpg

Pedal Commander