• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Another bout with Careless-itis

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
IMG_1782.jpg IMG_1788.jpg
Came out Thursday morning to go to work and discovered these. Not sure exactly what happened other than Careless-itis and/or teenage boredom/stupidity. Car was parked nose-in in a slot all night between the neighbors' RAV4 and my partner's Encore.

First thing tomorrow it's off to my favorite body shop to get the damage repaired while I get a rental to commute in for most of the week, I reckon. Hope to get a Malibu since the rental company my insurance uses doesn't have any Regals. If I can't get a Malibu then hopefully I'll drive a Cruze.

This damage comes about 19 months after someone left a 5" gash in my right rear door in a parking lot while I grocery shopped.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
$607!!! Ouch!! I thought it was just a "scuff" that could be buffed out. So it was actual scratches through the paint?

Be glad you don't have the "White Diamond Tri-Coat".
Generally more expensive to repair and almost impossible to color match.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Yeah, whoever did it broke the clearcoat and clawed into the paint. Even after it rained, snowed and frosted on the car, the scratches were still evident. The B-pillar scratches hopefully buffed out. The body shop adjuster couldn't correlate the trim damage with the bumper cover bruise even though they're on the same side of the body.

You're right; I am glad I don't have the diamond white paint. I also had road rash removed from two alloy wheels I tagged on concrete curbs earlier this year.

After driving a Tucson (not a Santa Fe; I confused them) on my daily commute, I will be very relieved to have my car back tomorrow. My Verano has definitely pampered me with its power, convenience options and safety equipment. A clear case of "you don't know what you got til it's gone."

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
IMG_1791.jpg . IMG_1792.jpg
Got my Verano back today, thankfully. All damage has been repaired, including the wheel rash I incurred. They even voluntarily cleaned the inside and outside for me before I picked it up.

Pedal Commander