Another verano problem

Davidsmad

Well we went out of state this weekend.on the freeway with the cruise control set at 73 mph we noticed while going down a long hill the car seemed to be applying the brake cause the car to feel jerky while going 73 mph.it felt like the car was trying to keep the speed of 73 mph.terrible ride,not smooth at all...almost like we were moving back and forth in our seats.im sure the dealer and corporate will tell me that's normal.lmfas. this is not normal just like the shake n shimmy felt going into 2nd gear.why would you spend thousands on a car that rides like this

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Based on most ownership feedback of the Verano being positive, I'm betting your car is the exception and not the rule....
My 2013 has none of the problems you described and I'm also a heavy user of cruise control.
Regardless of what Buick is telling you this is NOT NORMAL for ANY CAR let alone the Verano.

With this new symptom I'm thinking the problem is almost certainly in the drive train. Most likely the transmission. And it could be electrical or mechanical? Or both?

If both of these symptoms occur very frequently or constantly, I would think about taking it to a good independent auto repair or even a transmission shop to get their opinion. Is it normal or not? If they come up with something, then take that info. to Buick for a possible remedy.

Or... just trade in the car for something you will be happier with.

Last edited:

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
does the vehicle have active cruise control? if so have you experimented with the distance feature?
I don't think Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) was ever offered on the Verano's.
If it was... then I definitely stand corrected.

I did find this at Buick about ACC:

Buick Adaptive Cruise Control

Also, if the vehicle has Forward Collision Alert, then Cruise Control will/may switch OFF if the FCA warning is activated.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
I just purchased the car and made my first payment.im considering trading it in but will lose thousands I'm sure.im taking it to ammco this week
Ouch, yeah that hurts.... Nothing more aggravating than a recent car purchase and having problems like this.
I doesn't help, but I do sympathize.
I wonder if this is why the previous owner got rid of it?
Hopefully, AAMCO can figure it out.
Good Luck!!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
if you just purchased the vehicle why would you take it to Ammco and not back to the dealer?
what year is the car?
didnt it come with a warranty?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Because he claims in another thread that his dealer was useless. I'd try another dealer, even if it meant driving farther to get there. If that dealer is the only Buick one in the area, insist they do something or go over their heads. Does the dealer have any used Veranos he could drive a few miles to compare to his? In another post, he says his Verano is a '15 so odds are, he bought it used. Perhaps the original owner abused the car? If he bought it new and it is defective, I'd demand Buick do something to fix it. Checking local Lemon Laws would also be appropriate but a class-action lawsuit seems extreme.

Davidsmad

Ouch, yeah that hurts.... Nothing more aggravating than a recent car purchase and having problems like this.
I doesn't help, but I do sympathize.
I wonder if this is why the previous owner got rid of it?
Hopefully, AAMCO can figure it out.
Good Luck!!
I'm positive that's why the previous owner traded it in.gmc is no help when it comes to a warranty fix.and they wanted me to buy an extended warranty.lol...i can't even use the one I got.well we will see what aamco says .if they can fix it I will send GMC the bill.

Buick Ownership
Verano
Yes I have taken it to the dealer.theres nothing they will do because there is no codes.not even doing a fluid change which I want them to try.
I have th
I'm positive that's why the previous owner traded it in.gmc is no help when it comes to a warranty fix.and they wanted me to buy an extended warranty.lol...i can't even use the one I got.well we will see what aamco says .if they can fix it I will send GMC the bill.
I'm going through the same exact thing with my Verano! I became the third owner of my Verano with only 45,000 miles.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.