Any idea what GM's "Special Coverage 14582" warranty is?

basementshow

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I has some trouble with my GS yesterday (turbo was not kicking in at all), so I just logged in to Buick.com to check my warranty status and saw a "Special Coverage 14582" warranty that's good until 120,000 miles. All I can find about it online is in a Chevy Traverse forum stating that it's because:

"The throttle-position sensor may cause the engine to run rough, cause the malfunction-indicator lamp and/or an engine reduced power message to illuminate, and reduce the engine’s power. Dealers are to replace the throttle body assembly and gasket for Bosch equipped vehicles, or to install the throttle position sensor kit for Hitachi equipped vehicles. The Hitachi throttle body assembly only needs to be replaced if the sensor kit does not correct the condition. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.".

Has anybody experienced this problem or gone in for this Special Coverage issue on their Regal/GS? I didn't get any error messages, but I'm wondering if my issue and this problem are the same thing.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

NHRATA01

New York
Buick Ownership
'01 Trans Am, '12 GS
That's odd. I am aware of that coverage for the Traverse/Lambda's (we have a '10 Traverse) due to TB issues on the early years. Not aware of it applying to the Regal nor would I think the TB's are the same?

Only special coverage I'm aware of on these cars is the early year ('11, maybe '12 too?) N/A 2.4L for timing chain stretch issues, which is 10/120K I believe.

brfield

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I just checked my warranty coverage, I also have the same one now. Oddly enough, on a road trip over the weekend I did have some throttle issues. Code was a P0243, indicates wastegate issues. No time for the dealer yet, but it cleared itself up, so I doubt they can do anything now.

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Mine had the same thing, how strange. 2012 Regal GS.

brfield

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I to have had that same code. It cleared itself before i could get to the dealer.

Same happened to me. It did it again when headed home from work, straight to the dealer I went (not where I wanted to be on an early day lol), didn't shut it off on the service drive so they could drive it in that condition. They are replacing the wastegate solenoid.

T07

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
This only applies to 2011s, the 2012s have been removed from the document.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!