Any problems taking the Encore through an automatic car wash?

longislander

LI, NY
Buick Ownership
'15 Encore Premium FWD White Pearl/Saddle (wife's car)
We've had our 2015 washed 3 times so far at a "touchless" car wash with no problems. The guys soap it up with sponges then it goes through a high-pressure water wash tunnel, passes under a big heater, then towel-dried. Not sure if that is really an "automatic" wash.

ljmattox

St. Louis Metro USA
Buick Ownership
Encore
You'll hear, perhaps, from folks who have an aversion to automated car washes, especially the whirly-brush kind (can leave swirl marks in the paint/clearcoat).

Apart from that...mine's been through several, no issues at all. Stock antenna has survived so far.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Not making fun..... just have not been to a Car Wash in 40 years

Love washing cars!
Car Wash 1.jpg

Car Wash 2.jpg

g_565710

Have asked BUICK about 2018 ENCORE going to car wash, NEVER GET a STRAIGHT answer. Operators put the car in neutral, and it is basically pulled through the wash. But the FOB stays with the driver, any chance of the security system locking you out? Car has push button start.

adamcar

Buick Ownership
Buick
Unless you lock the car with either the fob of the button on the door handle, the doors will not lock when you exit, even if the fob is in your pocket.

G-298014

i recently purchased a 2016 buick encore and took it through the wash and it threw a code. i believe from getting too much water in the engine with the high pressure automatic wash. anyone else have this problem?

Tony M.

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Sport Touring
I've owned my Encore for a little over a week. Does it go through an automatic car wash OK? Are there any concerns about damaging the antenna? Thanks.
Have taken my 2016 Encore through our local automatic car wash many times. Never a problem.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
i recently purchased a 2016 buick encore and took it through the wash and it threw a code. i believe from getting too much water in the engine with the high pressure automatic wash. anyone else have this problem?
Does water get in the engine when your car gets washed? I have never heard of that.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
In the north they do undercarriage spray to clean the road salt, but seeing the actual code # was never given it could be anything.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!