• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any re coloration of the front Buick Badge w/ the ACC

lazinskm

Buick Ownership
Tourx
So.... I am rebadging the back of the car to Opel, but really don't want to spend the money for the front badge/grill replacement. I am not clear on how the ACC works in the front w/ the Buick badge now- do you think there is any way to black out the badge, or does it go thru the glass on the badging? Thoughts?

landsharkmz3

The badges on cars that have the radar behind it are a special material. I would not recommend doing anything significant to the badge. if you want the badge to disappear, then I would recommend going to a good tint guy and getting it smoked with the special film (not window tint) they use for reflectors. It if interferes with acc you could just pull it off.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
During “LoveBug” season here in Central Florida, I cover the entire front of car with a flexable Love Bug Screen.

Does not interfere with the ACC.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
How about Plasti-Dip spray? The have a "Smoke" color that I think is more like a tint or black . . .

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
The badge itself is plastic (not glass), but I don't know what kind. Most plastics are transparent to radar, and the ACC radar works through the current plastic badge. Putting something over it can certainly alter the performance, but I don't know by how much.

To build on Landshark's comment, I'd be curious to see if a custom-sized and cut vinyl decal would do the job nicely. I'd definitely be interested in getting in on that, too.

Pedal Commander