• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any Warranty Work in your Regals?

72buickgs

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sporthatch, 1972 Buick GS
I had to have the fuel purge valve replaced at 4000 miles on my 2019 regal 2.0 T, a few weeks ago. Also got an oil change & filter. All fixed.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I had to have the fuel purge valve replaced at 4000 miles on my 2019 regal 2.0 T, a few weeks ago
What where your symptoms of this issue?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
The dealer replaced my radio when it wouldn't accept the update to 22.9. The first replacement radio arrived in a couple of days but was DOA. A second was ordered and received in a couple of days and installed. I have my live traffic back but lose XM presets (greyed out) sometimes, no, I've not done a reset yet. That's extent of warranty work I've had done in 18K miles.

Last edited:

Gracie615

I had to have the fuel purge valve replaced at 4000 miles on my 2019 regal 2.0 T, a few weeks ago. Also got an oil change & filter. All fixed.
Just curious. Did they tell you that it is caused by trying to overfill the fuel tank? Such as trying to click in more fuel after the tank is already full? That's what my Service Advisor told me. Just wondering if they gave you a cause.

Otherwise replaced lower control arms, had a kinked heater core hose, had to have them take off and re-install the lower side moldings near the rear wheel on the driver's side, had issues with the radio and the screen which turned out to be a defective wiring harness we waited 18 weeks for. After that, GM bought back the car.

Last edited:

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
2018 Sportback with 18,8xx miles here. No warranty work, just a couple of oil changes and a wheel alignment.

72buickgs

Buick Ownership
Just curious. Did they tell you that it is caused by trying to overfill the fuel tank? Such as trying to click in more fuel after the tank is already full? That's what my Service Advisor told me. Just wondering if they gave you a cause.

Otherwise replaced lower control arms, had a kinked heater core hose, had to have them take off and re-install the lower side moldings near the rear wheel on the driver's side, had issues with the radio and the screen which turned out to be a defective wiring harness we waited 18 weeks for. After that, GM bought back the car.
The overfilling of the gas the gas tank was serious issue with Ford cars going back a couple years. A friend owns a 2018 F150 with the same problem and it took several weeks for Ford to admit to the problem. The symptoms he experienced were the truck had to restarted several times, from rest, then it would run.
There was noting said by the Buick tech about overfilling. With the design of the filler tube mechanism, the problem should be reduced.

bgow

The dealer replaced my radio when it wouldn't accept the update to 22.9. The first replacement radio arrived in a couple of days but was DOA. A second was ordered and received in a couple of days and installed. I have my live traffic back but lose XM presets (greyed out) sometimes, no, I've not done a reset yet. That's extent of warranty work I've had done in 18K miles.
Can you walk me through how to find what update I'm on with my radio please

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
I am getting a new liftgate on my 2018 Preferred II Sportback. Factory liftgate had a weird rattle inside that my dealer could not fix.

72buickgs

Buick Ownership
I am getting a new liftgate on my 2018 Preferred II Sportback. Factory liftgate had a weird rattle inside that my dealer could not fix.
Was there an option, a power button inside these cars to unlock the liftgate?

Turbo Buick Badge