• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any Warranty Work in your Regals?

mac1wagon

Southeastern Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence, Ebony Twilight Metallic
Front differential was replaced. The day after I bought my CPO TourX with 11,000 miles on it, I put it up on my lift, and spotted a drop of trans fluid by the right front axle. Dealer found a hairline crack in the differential. No diff could be located in their parts system for 10 days, then GM went on strike. 2 1/2 months later, the dealer had a new differential installed. I was overjoyed. Drove my nearly repaired car for all of 100 feet out of the dealer's lot, heard a terrible sound under my car, and pulled over. The propeller shaft had fallen out from the new front diff, and immediately bent when it hit the ground. New driveshaft installed a few days later. All has been fine since then. Note that it is a 2-piece driveshaft, so the forward portion was replaced. I now have 16,400 miles on the odometer.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Correct. The Sportback doesn't even have a way to pop the "trunk latch" from inside the car. How many other cars built in the last 10 years don't have one?

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Lower control arms last year.

Today:
1. Replaced sway bar links
2. Replaced stabilizer shaft link.
3. Blown rear door speaker.

2018 white needle Tourx

Last edited:

Gracie615

Correct. The Sportback doesn't even have a way to pop the "trunk latch" from inside the car. How many other cars built in the last 10 years don't have one?
That was one of the things I couldn't believe after a week or so of the ownership of our '18 GS. We bought an almost fully loaded Buick with no internal or remote truck latch control.

GARY ANGUS

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
New upper A/C aluminum line with additional rubber grommets, and spacing, to avoid engine bolt rubbing.
2019 Preferred.... Front, left, driver's door upper hinge on order for replacement.

G-21532

I bought the car slightly used at 4,200 miles from a non-Buick dealership....it appears to me that someone, or the wind, extended the door past the stopping point of the hinge, stripping it. (It's cheap plastic, not metal). New one under warranty coming, but a part GM is not making in quantity right now.

GARY ANGUS

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
I'm the second owner...Previously, either wind or an overzealous person, extended the upper L driver's door hinge to 180 degrees, stripping the stop indentation. A new one enroute from GM, but not a popular part and hard to find. Buick dealership here (Fitzgerald Buick-GM in Rockville, MD.) has just been outstanding, especially for a vehicle they didn't sell me.

Turbo Buick Badge