Any way to kill the door open chimes ?

mikec6201

Columbus Ohio
Buick Ownership
2005 Lesabre
Is there any way to disable this ? Real annoying as I usually like to leave the door open when I start the car especially when its really hot out .......Mike

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

Shadycheeba

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2000,2002 lesabre
i was able to disable by installing a after market radio..the harness for it had a built in speaker in a little black box like a couple inches big..i guess the door chime and warning chime function is controlled thru the radio..so i just clipped a wire going to the little speaker...not only do i have a better radio but no more annoying chimes.i did this on a 2000 and a 2002 lesabre.

mikec6201

Columbus Ohio
Buick Ownership
2005 Lesabre
Thanks , looks like I'll have to live with it . I don't mind the warnings for other things , just the door . Its annoying that it goes off so quickly , don't have more than a couple seconds to close the door or it dings at me . It's one of those things like yea i know the effen door is open because I want it open , just stop that infernal dinging ! :mad:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I'm not sure on the Lesabre, maybe another owner knows, but on the Lucerne there is a high and low setting. Not that it is getting rid of it, but makes it a little less annoying lol

MalloryK

Buick Ownership
Buick Lesabre 2002
On mine, 2002 lesabre, press preset 6 with radio off and you can swith to soft instead of loud, but that's all I know , except replacing radio.

Irish

Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue, 2003 Buick Leabre Limited
I never cared for how loud my the chimes on my 03 LeSabre are. The chimes are certainly louder than the 03 Park Avenue I just sold and I don't remember them being this annoying loud in any of my previous Lesabres. I tried pressing preset 6 on radio and the door chime went from what I would call loud on the low setting to extremely loud on the high setting.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!