Anyone buy a spare for the GS?

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
Ive been thinking about getting one... and.in typical fashion I get screwed before I act. Nailed a pothole in Detroit and.got a flat at 2.am last night. It was fun sitting there for an hour and a half waiting for a tow because the.glorified fix a flat isnt worth a crap. Atleast I didnt get robbed and still have all my wheels(maybe) Now I sit and await what I hope will be good news.

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
Someone posted on here all the parts needed with part numbers to get it all from a dealer. Wheel, tire, jack, wrench, holster, etc. It was over the summer I think when I saw the thread.

Erama

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS and 2010 Lacrosse
No experience myself so not sure if this works but from a previous thread for spare tire setup:
11611908 plastic nut to hold the wheel down
13235015 wheel
12504505 jack
22787725 styrofoam container
22787726 wrench
TP1024000 tire & 414 valve
Cost was $333

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
No experience myself so not sure if this works but from a previous thread for spare tire setup:
11611908 plastic nut to hold the wheel down
13235015 wheel
12504505 jack
22787725 styrofoam container
22787726 wrench
TP1024000 tire & 414 valve
Cost was $333

Does it clear the brembos?

armh1976

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick
those are the parts for a 17 spare tire. It will clear the rears.I have tested it in my GS. What you can do is you have a front flat is install the spare in the back and replace the front with the back tire.

shwme1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Spare tire sound great. I need one.

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
Well the.wheel survived the.pothole but not the tire shop! The car.has.been at the.shop since monday waiting on my tire. I went.to pick it up today, only to find they rashed the crap out of my wheel. Long story short my new wheel is on order.

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
Man that sucks. At least they're replacing it for you.

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
Was it at a GM dealership? My dealership wrecked a couple of my wheels and had to dish out new ones.

It was discount tire. Although im sure they were fully aware they messed up my wheel, i was surprised i didn't have to put up a fight. I went in calm, pleasant, and patient like i always do and they didnt even question it or go out an look at it(my hint they knew what they had done) and just placed the order for the wheel. I was glad i didn't have to step up to my 'Dont take my pleasantness as weakness ill hand you your ass' attitude. especially since i had their ass when i seen the red paint form their hoists on the wheel.

They also mangled my plasti-dip which was the least of my concerns... guess ill just strip it off a little earlier than i had hoped.

1661001_1838632852943142_2014524415_n.jpg

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
It was discount tire. Although im sure they were fully aware they messed up my wheel, i was surprised i didn't have to put up a fight. I went in calm, pleasant, and patient like i always do and they didnt even question it or go out an look at it(my hint they knew what they had done) and just placed the order for the wheel. I was glad i didn't have to step up to my 'Dont take my pleasantness as weakness ill hand you your ass' attitude. especially since i had their ass when i seen the red paint form their hoists on the wheel.

They also mangled my plasti-dip which was the least of my concerns... guess ill just strip it off a little earlier than i had hoped.

View attachment 4795

HOLY $H!T!! I can't believe they wouldn't have called you and told you up front! That is one messed up wheel. Are they paying for your rental while the car is out of commission? Which discount tire, I want to make sure I NEVER go there.....

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Wow. Talk about a ****ed up wheel. I was mad when they made a 1" scratch, I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw that.

Glad they didn't question it and just bought you a new one!

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
HOLY $H!T!! I can't believe they wouldn't have called you and told you up front! That is one messed up wheel. Are they paying for your rental while the car is out of commission? Which discount tire, I want to make sure I NEVER go there.....

I guess your right they probably should have just ordered it and called. I guess im so used to being disappointed when i go to a car service establishment i was happy with getting a new wheel... its sad really. Anyway it was discount on gratiot just north of 14 in clinton twp.

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
As the guy who has blown one tire on these crater size potholes, and bulged two other sidewalls as well....I need to get a spare. Already used up the useless "fix a flat" on the blowout to limp home (I bought another can of the real deal and loaded it in, kept the pressure up just enough to get me home). I don't get why they don't just throw in at least a donut. In a true sports car I guess I can understand...my G8 has the air pump thing bc they wanted a 50/50 weight ratio, but even it has the spare option. And that's in a 367 HP V-8 (in stock form). The GS is sporty yes, but it's not in the leagues of the Camaros, Challengers, etc. it needs a stock donut.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!