• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone consider Super Polysteel paint protection?

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
My dealer pitches an aftermarket paint protection package called Super Polysteel. For $995 I'm not sold on the idea. In general I decline all the extra add on's and extended warranties. Anybody have any experience aftermarket paint protection products? I have the White Frost Tricoat and I assume that color will be expensive to touch up if (when) needed.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
That website has zero actual information on it. If it's so good, why the secrecy, and why dealer only?

If you really want protection, check reviews and contact local detailers. Most dealers don't have professional detailers on site, so even when they use good products, the quality and attention to detail just isn't the same as someone who does it for a living.

$1000 can buy a number of high quality hand wash/wax/quick details.

Edit to add - my dealer had a $1k markup for a similar item, and I negotiated it to zero. Nobody could explain what it was, or how it was better than a $20 wax job.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
My dealer pitches an aftermarket paint protection package called Super Polysteel. For $995 I'm not sold on the idea. In general I decline all the extra add on's and extended warranties. Anybody have any experience aftermarket paint protection products? I have the White Frost Tricoat and I assume that color will be expensive to touch up if (when) needed.
Have you ever heard of "Snake Oil" sold in a bottle,or can?

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I guess they can justify the price because it's "Super" PolySteel, not "Regular" PolySteel. Add this to the list which includes upholstery protection, window etching, etc. :cool:

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Irate Customer : I sat right here and said I didn't want any TruCoat.
Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but I'm saying that TruCoat. You don't get it, you get oxidation problems. It'll cost you a heck of a lot more than $500.
Irate Customer : You're sitting there. You're talking in circles. You're talking like we didn't go over this already.
Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but this TruCoat...
Irate Customer : We had a deal here for nineteen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get me this car, these options, without the sealant for nineteen-five.
(Fargo, 1996)

Nice_car

Buick Ownership
Sports back
I heard bad things about poly. Now ceramic coating I’m thinking of giving that a shot .

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Back in the 1970's I worked at a Toyota dealer. They pushed something called, I believe, Polyglycoat. The dealer applied it by hand like a wax and only applied it to certain upper reflective parts of the car. Spend your money on something else.

Pedal Commander