Anyone install a remote start

1380Ken

Peabody
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am wondering how difficult is it to instal a remote start in the LeSabre. I have installed about five or six remote starts but they were in older vehicles.

Does the dash board come apart easily, or am I going to need to buy new clips ?

I assume that I will need to put an extra key, with the security chip, behind the dash somewhere

Are there any extra relays needed.

If it is too dificult I might pay to have it installed.

mnewbolds

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre Custom
I have installed a remote start on my 2000 LeSabre. It was fairly simple. The dash is pretty simple to disassemble. Tools needed are just a phillips head screwdriver and a soft tip pry tool. Depending on the system you have chose to install there are different features. If your car has an alarm (mine doesn't) you may have to find some sort of detailed instructions from the manufacturer of the new system. If you are going to use wiring schematics, DO NOT use the Haynes manual! It is way to generalized to use on every model. It may be worth the money to have a car audio shop install the kit. Here in Michigan I always recommend Mickey Shorr Mobile Audio shops. If you just start cutting wires and playing surgeon under your dash, (which my cousin did to his) you can end up spending ALOT of money repairing shorted wires and switches. Good Luck with the install and keep us updated on the progress. GOOD LUCK!

jbattlesjr

The make a bypass module the will allow the car to start without the key in the ignition. Other than that I believe the install will be the same as the others you have done. I did one on an '88 Lesabre(it was my first install). It went very smooth(I had a very good diagram).

Search the net for the bypass module or check some local shops in your area but after you have that it shouldn't be a problem.

Malveaux83

Buick Ownership
Buick lesabre custom
I am wondering how difficult is it to instal a remote start in the LeSabre. I have installed about five or six remote starts but they were in older vehicles.

Does the dash board come apart easily, or am I going to need to buy new clips ?

I assume that I will need to put an extra key, with the security chip, behind the dash somewhere

Are there any extra relays needed.

If it is too dificult I might pay to have it installed.
I got a question for you. What remote start brand can be installed in a 1998 Buick lesabre custom?

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LeSabre Custom
installed this one on mine it's for 2000-2005 Lesabre's all the wiring diagrams are pretty much spot on that's given with it Amazon.com: MPC Complete Factory Remote Activated Remote Start Kit for 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre - Firmware Preloaded: Automotive they give wiring color and pinout location for all connection for the Lesabre still takes about 4hrs to install it and get wires routed uses factory key fob to activate it I also added my car phone app to mine as long as their is phone signal car can be started from anywhere

Cliffy

Buick Ownership
2004 lesabre
installed this one on mine it's for 2000-2005 Lesabre's all the wiring diagrams are pretty much spot on that's given with it Amazon.com: MPC Complete Factory Remote Activated Remote Start Kit for 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre - Firmware Preloaded: Automotive they give wiring color and pinout location for all connection for the Lesabre still takes about 4hrs to install it and get wires routed uses factory key fob to activate it I also added my car phone app to mine as long as their is phone signal car can be started from anywhere
Tried the MPC on my 04 and had no luck. I dont think im getting a pulse from the door lock as i dont feel the relay clicking.im hooked up to the color the instructions say and i get the right reading on my multimeter. But no start

MainEventCory

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
Do you still have the wiring diagram that was provided with your kit? I am struggling to locate all the necessary wiring.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!