• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Anyone know how to reset the TCM on the 2013 regal T?

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
I've been experiencing a jerk when switching gears noticeable at 2 and 3rd and even the downshift. Alot of people/websites say to reset the tcm for the transmission to shift smoothly again but it may not work but they said it's worth the try, anyways when i got the car at 61k I had the trans fluid drained and filled and the car doesn't have any leaks so it's not jerking because of low fluid.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Similar post

atomicbee

Southern California
Buick Ownership
2014 AWD PR 2
ok my 2-cents here- This worked on my other GM cars in the past so give it a try- check the transmission fluid after a highway run to confirm level is within hash marks. If that checks out ok disconnect battery for about 30 mins (Please leave drivers side window down just in case you close the hood by accident) Connect battery and take the car out and go through the gears in manual mode starting from 1st-4th and letting the RPMs get to the best shift point your used to or like. Shut off car and start that process 2-3 times and see if the shift jerking continues. GM vehicles have a shift learning process after a power loss so this might work for your vehicle.

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
Similar post
ok my 2-cents here- This worked on my other GM cars in the past so give it a try- check the transmission fluid after a highway run to confirm level is within hash marks. If that checks out ok disconnect battery for about 30 mins (Please leave drivers side window down just in case you close the hood by accident) Connect battery and take the car out and go through the gears in manual mode starting from 1st-4th and letting the RPMs get to the best shift point your used to or like. Shut off car and start that process 2-3 times and see if the shift jerking continues. GM vehicles have a shift learning process after a power loss so this might work for your vehicle.
No dip stick on the regal and I'm 100 sure it's full I had it changed 8k miles ago and also refilled when I had a cv axel leak it was minor but but sill changed it. If pulling the fuse doesn't work I'll definitely try your way.

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
Similar post
Thanks for that but he doesn't explain how he did it, like do you pull the fuse and let the car sit for couple hours or pull the fuse and put it right back. Does the car need to be on or off

agaric

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
There is a transmission dipstick on my 17 Regal!
If the correct fluid was not used that might be something to consider as a cause.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
There is a transmission dipstick on my 17 Regal!
If the correct fluid was not used that might be something to consider as a cause.
High doubt it it's a high-end mechanic shop that's been open for 30 years plus he gave me the name of the transmission fluid type they put in their and it was oem specific but yeah sucks to not have a dipstick.

Jasperclan

Buick Ownership
14 Regal GS AWD
Here is link to further general info on your trans and is various names. Because it is built by Aisin and they made it for many manufacturers, check for common issues on this unit in the gears you are having trouble with. AWTF-80 SC - Wikipedia