• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Apple iOS 5 "BETA" - WARNING (Old Post)

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
If any of you on this board are developers and have access to Apple's new iOS 5 beta, don't install it on any devices you use via USB in your Regal.

After installing iOS 5 on the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (attached via USB) the music no longers comes out of the Regal's speakers it comes out of the devices speakers. Music information is still displayed on the Regal's screen and you can still control the music, but the sounds doesnt come out of the Regal.

Hopefully Apple will address this before iOS is released to the public in the fall.

SteveCZ

Buick Ownership
Buick
Re: Apple iOS 5 - WARNING

Curious if it's iOS5 or if its the software in the Regal? I usually get a message on my phone saying its not an optimized device, simply dismiss it and all works.

But then again, it is a beta of 5, so there will be issues, I would submit a bug to Apple, and let them know, at least so they can investigate it and if need be, they can work with Buick / GM on the issue.

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick

Curious if it's iOS5 or if its the software in the Regal? I usually get a message on my phone saying its not an optimized device, simply dismiss it and all works.

But then again, it is a beta of 5, so there will be issues, I would submit a bug to Apple, and let them know, at least so they can investigate it and if need be, they can work with Buick / GM on the issue.
I have submitted the bug to Apple. My gut feeling is this is not an issue with the Regal. Like I said I can control the iPad still and can see everything displayed on the NAV screen so it would appear that something has changed in the way iOS outputs audio when connected via USB.

Luchin

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse

I wished that I had read this information before I upgraded the OS on my iPhone 4. Any music, like Pandora or radio over the Internet does not play through the USB port. If anyone has an answer, I am open. Otherwise, I am back to 4.X in the iOS. Also, has Buick considered upgrading the firmware on the cars? Cheers!

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick

As stated in my original post I was talking about a BETA (prerelease) version of iOS 5..... the final public version that was released last week works great. The standard music player, pandora, bluetooth functions, as well as the new Siri assistant that built into the iPhone 4S. I have tried an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and an iPod touch running the public release of iOS 5 and they now work great!