• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Armrest Organizer

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tour X Essence
I was going to purchase the cheap organizer for the armrest off of Ebay, but decided to design and 3D print my own for my TourX. After a few iterations, this is what I came up with, that works for me. Makes the space inside a bit more usable, and you can keep the USB cords plugged in and still use the wireless charger. I've had a few people interested in it, so I am going to print some additional ones to put up for sale. If you have any interest, just send me a message. Thanks

Photo Aug 21, 12 40 46 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 21, 12 42 02 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 21, 12 41 39 PM.jpg

floydwaters

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X Essence
+1 on sharing the file if you are willing. That looks great!

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
I have been selling some of these and plan to put a few up on Ebay as well, so at this time I am going to hold on to the STL file. However down the road I will most likely upload it to Thingiverse with my other designs, so I will let you know when I do.

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
I've been selling them for $36 shipped in the states. It's a 12 hr print time and uses quite a bit of filament.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Looks nice!

Have you had it sitting in your car on a scorching hot day? Will the 3D plastic hold its form?

I think it's cool with the TourX lettering, but maybe the design is too intricate for the printer?

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
Looks nice!

Have you had it sitting in your car on a scorching hot day? Will the 3D plastic hold its form?

I think it's cool with the TourX lettering, but maybe the design is too intricate for the printer?
Thanks, I print a lot with PLA+ material, which is pretty tough and able to handle temperature better than standard PLA. Before making this I had made a change/card holder that fit into the cup holder and I have had that in my car for over a year without any issues. I made this organizer pretty solid to help with this as well, the walls are all at least .125in think.

The TourX text is only about .25in high, I will have to try and tweak the print settings to get it a little cleaner, or else I may just take it out on all of them.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
That does look good!
Is there any space under it to store a Ruger 380 auto compact pistol? Assuming of course that is legal in your area.
Will you honor my Buick rewards $s or give me friends & family discount?
PS Just kidding about that last part....kinda sorta.

Last edited:

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
That does look good!
Is there any space under it to store a Ruger 380 auto compact pistol? Assuming of course that is legal in your area.
Will you honor my Buick rewards $s or give me friends & family discount?
PS Just kidding about that last part....kinda sorta.
lol, I'm not sure, if it currently fits all the way in the bottom of the armrest, then it still should fit. The organizer doesn't go all the way to the bottom, so there is still maybe 2 inches at the very bottom of the space.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
lol, I'm not sure, if it currently fits all the way in the bottom of the armrest, then it still should fit. The organizer doesn't go all the way to the bottom, so there is still maybe 2 inches at the very bottom of the space.
Thanks Mr Hoyt...it sounds perfect. It will fit under lip at bottom of console. I have Preferred model & assume your tray will fit in all models, console is the same other then charging or connection for phone?
Are they still available?

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
Thanks Mr Hoyt...it sounds perfect. It will fit under lip at bottom of console. I have Preferred model & assume your tray will fit in all models, console is the same other then charging or connection for phone?
Are they still available?
It will fit in both models, but since the opening is larger without the wireless charging it can slide around from front to back, and the charging ports are a little different. I had a preferred model as a loaner a few weeks back so was able to take some measurements at the time. I designed a second one for models without wireless charging, basically the same but a bit longer to use the extra space and has added clearance for the USB ports. I actually have it printing right now and I am going to be sending it to somebody to verify the fit in there TourX Preferred and send me back some pictures. Assuming it fits OK, I will have then have that one available as well.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It will fit in both models, but since the opening is larger without the wireless charging it can slide around from front to back, and the charging ports are a little different. I had a preferred model as a loaner a few weeks back so was able to take some measurements at the time. I designed a second one for models without wireless charging, basically the same but a bit longer to use the extra space and has added clearance for the USB ports. I actually have it printing right now and I am going to be sending it to somebody to verify the fit in there TourX Preferred and send me back some pictures. Assuming it fits OK, I will have then have that one available as well.
I want one please.

Pedal Commander