Armrest Removal

Buick Ownership
Encore
Thank you I have purchased a larger Armrest from Italy that will provide a armrest to both passenger and driver
Hi Seeker2736 -

I am thinking about picking one of these up myself.

I am a little concerned about how rigid/sturdy the mounting is - it seems a little narrow where it attached to existing console.

Can you let me know how it feels to you?

thanks,
jeff

Ramer

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
I bought the armrest in the link above. I have a 2017 Buick Encore. Has anyone installed it? It appears you can't install it without removing both seat cushions in able to screw it in. I stopped by my dealership and they quoted me $500 to remove seat cushions and install it.

Ramer

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
There is a video on line. I recall you had to slide both seats all the way forward in their tracks.

Is this not.the case?

Jeff
Feeling kind of dumb, didn't even occur to me to try that. I'll give it a try in the morning! My didn't my dealership suggest that. Lol. I've tried searching for a video, you don't happen to have a link handy? I'll keep searching if not. Thanks Jeff.

Ramer

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
Feeling kind of dumb, didn't even occur to me to try that. I'll give it a try in the morning! My didn't my dealership suggest that. Lol. I've tried searching for a video, you don't happen to have a link handy? I'll keep searching if not. Thanks Jeff.
Didn't work. With the seats all the way forward, can install the back screws, but not the front screws. Also, the OEM armrest would have to be removed in order for the driver's seat to move forward. Guess I'm SOL.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.