For Sale Attention Chicago area late-model Regal owners: snow tires, brake disks, too annoying to ship

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
'12 Regal GS
Chicago area Regal enthusiasts: I recently traded in my '12 Regal GS, but I still have a few items that are just too much of a pain to ship out, so these are being sold local only (Southwest suburbs of Chicago).

One full set of snow tires mounted on 18" Moda Rims. The tires are Michelin X-Ice Xi3's in 245/45-18, with still a lot of evenly worn tread left (no TPMS sensors)

I also have a pair of Stop Tech drilled and slotted rotors for the front of Brembo-equipped cars, a Werks shorty downpipe, a brand new spare wheel bearing, and a set of factory '12 Buick Regal shop manuals (the big four volume printed set, complete with some greasy finger prints on some of the pages).

Make an offer. You can throw the money at me from 6 feet away and then take all this stuff.

Attachments

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
'12 Regal GS
I still have all of it, but after taking a quick look at Rockauto, it seems the '14 GS has a 345mm front rotor, while my '12 uses a 355mm front rotor, so I'm thinking they won't work.

Did you want anything else though?

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
'12 Regal GS
My apologies again... when the dude came to get the tires I threw that wheel bearing into his trunk for free figuring no one else wanted it.

Anyone know if I can edit that first post to say what I still have left?

I still have the Werks shorty pipe and full set of factory '12 Regal service manuals though. I can't find the brake rotors, so although I know no-one bought them, I might have brought them to the scrap yard or just lost them when I moved recently and they'll turn up someday.

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
'12 Regal GS
I'll get some picks of the downpipe today for you, and yes, it fits the LHU Buick used in '12 and '13 (front intake/rear exhaust). It will not fit the next gen engine they started using in '14 in the Regal which had the exhaust in the front and intake in the back by the firewall.

And I forgot about your DRL question.. E-bay. There are several on E-bay, but I think they all come from the same factory in China, so I'd go for the least expensive seller you can find (which will likely be direct from China). There have been a few revisions. The ones I had didn't look like they'd last when I got them (clearly not sealed well against water intrusion), so I took my time with some clear silicone sealant before installing them and they were fine for many years. I also put weather proof connectors on mine so I could still remove the bumper cover if I ever needed to. Perhaps the latest ones come with connectors, but the ones I bought years ago did not.

The forum search engine is not too good, but somewhere there is a post about these where I put down which wires to connect to and all that. Maybe you can find it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!