• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Audio performance

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Yes, I wonder what it would sound like with the bass turned all the way up. If it would get muddy, due the how intense the bass profile is in DubStep. I need to try it out in my RAM, with the 19 speaker HK system and compare.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I prefer to be in the Buick when alone because I can crank up the stereo, never really got any pleasure out of doing that on any of my previous cars.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I also like the Bose system in the TourX, it is not near as good as the Bose system in my Sierra Denali. But it is as good as the Monsoon systems in some of my Pontiacs, but maybe not as good as the Blaupunkt system in my G8 GXP.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I am generally listening to EDM and I have been really happy with the sound and bass out of the Bose system. My Accord has a full Sony Xplod system with two 12s in the trunk (not a high quality system by any means) but I prefer the Bose in the Regal. It's fuller and doesn't get muddy like the Sony speakers do.

Only downside is I start to hear some rattles in the door panels with the bass and volume up... so I just turn it up until I don't hear them anymore :LOL:

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I also like the Bose system in the TourX, it is not near as good as the Bose system in my Sierra Denali. But it is as good as the Monsoon systems in some of my Pontiacs, but maybe not as good as the Blaupunkt system in my G8 GXP.
Hmm, maybe our audio appreciation differs. I thought the system in my Sierra Denali was okay, but I don't think it was better, especially not the bass. I thought the Blaupunkt system was meh and the couple of Monsoon systems I had were definitely not comparable to this Bose system. Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself to be an audiophile?

I am generally listening to EDM and I have been really happy with the sound and bass out of the Bose system. My Accord has a full Sony Xplod system with two 12s in the trunk (not a high quality system by any means) but I prefer the Bose in the Regal. It's fuller and doesn't get muddy like the Sony speakers do.

Only downside is I start to hear some rattles in the door panels with the bass and volume up... so I just turn it up until I don't hear them anymore :LOL:
Haha, yes the amount of bass certainly pales in comparison to the two 12" Kicker CVR's I have stowed away, from past vehicles, but in my now mature state, I am pleased.

I'm curious what the audio profile difference is between the hatch and wagon? I know the difference between the sedan and hatch version of the Civic I had was pretty big, with the volume difference and all.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hmm, maybe our audio appreciation differs. I thought the system in my Sierra Denali was okay, but I dotn't think it was better, especially not the bass. I thought the Blaupunkt system was meh and the couple of Monsoon systems I had were definitely not comparable to this Bose system. Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself to be an audiophile?
No not at all..I still like the old technology and sound of my Mac stuff.
PS Not sure what year your Denali was, but Quadrasteer and E-Forced 6.0 was much more important to me then the audio system.
20191023_232757.jpg
IMG_20190530_080152771.jpg

Last edited:

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I don't even listen to EDM or anything super heavy, but I think I've noticed my door buzzing as well. Still under 5k miles on the car. I still need to take everything out of the pockets to make sure but I'm wondering if this will become a chronic annoyance.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the Bose system, though. It may not be award winning, but I appreciate the detail and depth it has. More than good enough for my purposes as a daily driver.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I don't even listen to EDM or anything super heavy, but I think I've noticed my door buzzing as well. Still under 5k miles on the car. I still need to take everything out of the pockets to make sure but I'm wondering if this will become a chronic annoyance.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the Bose system, though. It may not be award winning, but I appreciate the detail and depth it has. More than good enough for my purposes as a daily driver.
I get a passenger door rattle every so often. I traced it to the trim that meets with the window. Rolling the window down an inch, then back up solves the problem... or putting some slight pressure on the trim.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Strange you mention that...sometimes when my roof gets a bit creaky I find opening/closing it often gets it to go away for a bit.

DANJ

I like the sound but feel like the center is a little strong, vs the stereo separation I've had in other cars, which I guess is due to the large center speaker. I was considering putting something partially over that speaker (like a small mouse pad) to see if that changes the balance. I've played with the balance and fade and it seems like having them set more forward helps with the sound, aside from my wish for more left right separation.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I like the sound but feel like the center is a little strong, vs the stereo separation I've had in other cars, which I guess is due to the large center speaker. I was considering putting something partially over that speaker (like a small mouse pad) to see if that changes the balance. I've played with the balance and fade and it seems like having them set more forward helps with the sound, aside from my wish for more left right separation.
I think that a lot of the new car audio systems rely too much on creating a very pronounced center stage, by bouncing the audio off the windshield. To mitigate this, I generally set the EQ to push the audio rearward a touch or two. The HK system in the Outback is especially bad about this, and requires almost half a dials worth to the back, to get a decent balance. The HK system in my RAM is one of the only newer cars I've had that I left F/R balance stock. Likely due to the rear speakers being mounted in the ceiling, firing forward/downward.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I think that a lot of the new car audio systems rely too much on creating a very pronounced center stage, by bouncing the audio off the windshield. To mitigate this, I generally set the EQ to push the audio rearward a touch or two. The HK system in the Outback is especially bad about this, and requires almost half a dials worth to the back, to get a decent balance. The HK system in my RAM is one of the only newer cars I've had that I left F/R balance stock. Likely due to the rear speakers being mounted in the ceiling, firing forward/downward.
I realized the only car I ever set the bias rearward on was my old Chevrolet Celebrity. It had a 4 speaker system and the rear speakers were right under the back window. It just sounded right that way.

I think the TourX would be better with just 2 more speakers. Right in the C pillar near the backseat passengers heads.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I realized the only car I ever set the bias rearward on was my old Chevrolet Celebrity. It had a 4 speaker system and the rear speakers were right under the back window. It just sounded right that way.

I think the TourX would be better with just 2 more speakers. Right in the C pillar near the backseat passengers heads.
I agree 100%! I've had a few vehicles that had them there, and I think they help immensely.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
:ROFLMAO: Me too! We had a '90 Celebrity wagon and an '88 Century wagon (same body). Both had the big 6x9 speakers in the liftgate, so rear bias was the way to go!

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Haha, yes the amount of bass certainly pales in comparison to the two 12" Kicker CVR's I have stowed away, from past vehicles, but in my now mature state, I am pleased.
😁 I needs my bass lol....

I just need to find where my grills are packed up in my garage

20190630_185016.jpg

Turbo Buick Badge