Auto stop trips dash lights to pop on.

missymyers67

Buick Ownership
Envision
Hey all, I just started having some issues with my auto stop. It kicks in at stop signs correctly but when it kicks off lately I have lights on the dash come on as well as the park brake release come on. The radio will cut out for a few seconds and then, just as quick as they came on, it stops. I worry there is a problem but the local Buick dealer told me they could look at it but probably won’t find anything. Anyone else have anything similar happen?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Does it happen often enough that if they road test it the problem will occur?

missymyers67

Buick Ownership
Envision
It seems to happen when it’s colder. I can’t predict when it will happen so they can’t see it. I took a video of it while it was happening but he just shook his head.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Did the dealer actually try to service the vehicle or not as it's not clear from your post. You may want to consider contacting GM Buick directly if it's a warranty issue repair, see if they may help or know of additional information that the head shake may not be aware of.

missymyers67

Buick Ownership
Envision
It is out of warranty and the dealer told me basically to ignore it since they won’t find anything.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Those details are important as you have 3 choices, 1 ignore, 2 repair or 3 get a module to defeat the auto start. Maybe someone on the forum knows of a unit for your model year.

G-381799

Try getting the battery tested. It sounds like the body controller is losing either power or igition voltage temporarily during crank phase in restart.

missymyers67

Buick Ownership
Envision
Try getting the battery tested. It sounds like the body controller is losing either power or igition voltage temporarily during crank phase in restart.
Thank you! It is driving me crazy. No knows what to look at and is expensive to have them keep checking. It started almost immediately after the warranty expired.

DogMomma

Buick Ownership
Envision
I am having the same exact issue on my 2017 Envision!!! I have an appointment next week and truly what you said is what I fear they’ll say. My powering steering is now being effected and will lose power occasionally as well which is my biggest concern! I also noticed tonight a new issue with my auto wipers. It seems to be throwing that off as well 😔.

Last edited:

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick LaCrosse
It seems to happen when it’s colder. I can’t predict when it will happen so they can’t see it. I took a video of it while it was happening but he just shook his head.
Did him shaking his head fix it by any chance? This is what I worry about with these dealerships....they can get away with just shaking their head and saying they have no idea what it is. I guess you just have to lose your power steering and oh well! What happened to mechanics who actually get a rise out of digging into a new problem and figuring it out? I guess since most of the problems are computer-related nowadays and they truly have no clue. Unless they have a manual or scanning tool to give them a reading, they are clueless and you're up a creek without a paddle. Technology is great sometimes.

deidralw

Buick Ownership
Envision
Same problem has been happening with my truck for months. The auto stop would cause the steering wheel assist message to appear and the doors would unlock when the car would start back up. My steering wheel was even locking. I scheduled an appointment for this coming Monday to get it fixed, but one day this week my car wouldn't start at all and had the clicking noise indicating the battery. I ended up getting a new battery and now my auto stop is back to working just fine with no issues. So I believe a low battery will cause this issue. My battery was at 32%.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners