• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Automactic Stop/Start

Starshanae

Buick Ownership
2016 Envision Premium II
I just purchased 2017 Buick Envision Premium II 2 weeks ago, Is there a way to stop this vehicle from shutting off at every stop sign and every traffic light, This is very annoying. Why in the world would they event anything like this, To save gas? This is annoying, I am taking it back to the dealership, If it cant be fixed, I will be looking for another vehicle

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
There are several options (more if you use wire cutters) to defeat it. Just search for 'auto stop start' on this forum and pick the one that works best for you.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The dealer can't disable the start/stop feature. Range Technology sells a device that plugs into the OBD port under the steering wheel that will disable the feature.

Range Start/Stop Disabler

Don't buy one on Amazon, they aren't a certified Range Technology seller and that one doesn't function properly.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
The other popular option is:

but this product it a bit fiddly if you use remote vehicle starting and more or less unobtainable if you live in California.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Some more discussion from the Buick Forums archives on start/stop elimination.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
Yes it was a vain attempt to save pennies on gas at the expense of your starter which would cost hundreds to replace! Not worth it in my opinion. I test drove a Lincoln MKC and it had the option to turn it off. Not sure why most Buick vehicles don't include this button!

Contrails

Buick Ownership
Envision
I contacted Range Technology for a Start/Stop disabler. Customer service ensured me that it would work for my 2016 Envision. Installed the disabler and had problems with the outside temp showing 32 degrees. Had a dash warning display "Warning, Ice Possible, Drive With Care." Affected the auto temp controller for environmental system. Removed device and all went back to normal. Contacted technical support and they told me this device did not work for the Buick Envision.
Has anyone found a disabler that works for the 2016 Envision?

PCweber

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2017. It have never auto stop/ started. I am second owner so maybe the original owner had it disabled, but glad it does not do this.

PCweber

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I see that in the engine bay fuse box there is a fuse labeled start/ stop. Could try to pull it and see what results. It shows as fuse K01.

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2019 Envision Essence
You can get the dealer to reflash the ECM. My buddy just had his done. When question comes up " Does this vehicle have Start/Stop ? " You just answer "NO" and save.
Can you explain this in more detail and what dealership was willing to do this? I wouldn't mind having it done if it keeps the factory warranty in place.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
I'd have to ask him which module they reflashed, but he owns a 2018 Buick Envision that had start/ stop. His brother works at Lounsbury Chevrolet and was willing to tackle this on his own time after work. I just repeated what my friend told me. He's happy to have gotten rid of this option. I will ask for more details....

Turbo Buick Badge