Automatic Recirculation

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
I have the recirculation button set to the automatic mode which is to shut off (most) of the outside air when the car senses pollution. It does seem to work such as when I drive through a plume of burning leaves or wood. But there does not appear to be any indication when this mode switches into or out of recirculation.

Am I missing something?

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
Hmmm, I didn't know there was such a mode. How do ya set it?

pogster

Alberta
Barry, down beside the passenger temperature control there's a recirculation button. If it the light is on it's in Auto mode. The sensitivity of the system can be set in the vehicle personalization menu.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I thought just pushing the large main auto button in the button right hand corner also activates the auto circulation. yes? no?

BMWAP

Augusta, Georgia
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring
For the OP, the manual indicates that when in the re-circ Auto mode, the system will auto switch between inside and outside air due to temp, cooling mode or pollution sensitivity. For the later, my G8 calls it pollution mode and comes on when the car is below 20 MPH for set period of time. The recirc display changes on screen to indicate this is happening. In the Lacrosse it only says "A" or "Auto" depending on which indicator screen you are veiwing and not the actual mode. There is no way to see that it switches in "pollution mode". I LOOKED!

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
Barry, down beside the passenger temperature control there's a recirculation button. If it the light is on it's in Auto mode. The sensitivity of the system can be set in the vehicle personalization menu.

Have I been using it wrong then? I put in on recirc. to cool the interior first, then manually switch to outside air with AC still on. If I leave it on recirc. will it switch to outside air when it is ready to or....? Do I have to have the system on AUTO for this to work that way?

pogster

Alberta
Have I been using it wrong then? I put in on recirc. to cool the interior first, then manually switch to outside air with AC still on. If I leave it on recirc. will it switch to outside air when it is ready to or....? Do I have to have the system on AUTO for this to work that way?

To be honest with you Barry I don't really do to much to the climate control system other than change temp. I set the temp on my side my wife sets hers. Other than that I just leave the system on AUTO and let the car do it's thing summer thru winter.

thalter

Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse
To be honest with you Barry I don't really do to much to the climate control system other than change temp. I set the temp on my side my wife sets hers. Other than that I just leave the system on AUTO and let the car do it's thing summer thru winter.

Agreed. Most people try to out think their climate control system by working in manually. Set the temp you want, and let it do its thing. It will invoke recirculate automatically when you extra cooling (such as starting in hot weather).

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
Agreed. Most people try to out think their climate control system by working in manually. Set the temp you want, and let it do its thing. It will invoke recirculate automatically when you extra cooling (such as starting in hot weather).

My question had to do with the added feature of the automatic recirculation that occurs when the car senses outside pollution levels being too high.

I do not understand what pollutants, how the sensor works, or what constitutes a pollution level that is "too high." Because there is no indication when the car makes this determination, there is no way for me to determine if I want the high sensitivity or low sensitivity setting offered in the menu.

pogster

Alberta
My question had to do with the added feature of the automatic recirculation that occurs when the car senses outside pollution levels being too high.

I do not understand what pollutants, how the sensor works, or what constitutes a pollution level that is "too high." Because there is no indication when the car makes this determination, there is no way for me to determine if I want the high sensitivity or low sensitivity setting offered in the menu.

Sorry, no idea how the system works or why it has two setting. I just leave the thing on high and forget about it. Nor can I think of any reason why I would want it on low.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!