• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Avenir seats in lower trims? Power passenger seat?

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
I really love Avenir fancy quilt-stitched seats. Is it possible to just replace the leather part or you have to order a whole new seat? Is it cheaper and better vs Katzkin? Also do Avenir whisper beige seats match shale interior?

Someone here posted that shale leather seats from Essense trim are too rough. If that's the case I wonder if Katzkin would be softer/better quality leather. Any other options besides Katzkin?

How hard is it to install a power passenger seat? I guess there is wiring and a fuse involved.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I can't help you with whether or not you can just change the covers to the Avenir ones without changing seats. Power seat might be a challenge, it may have to be enabled in the body control module to work correctly.

As far as Katzkin, I installed a set of those in my Honda Element about 10 years ago and they are holding up well at 113K miles. The quality of the leather is nicer than what the Buick has. You also have the choice to customize the Katzkins a bit (different color / contrasting panels, stitching color). I did the install myself on the Honda, I can say the Katzkins are made to fit like factory and have all the same clips and foam backing and details that the factory upholstery has even on the parts you don't see but makes for a factory looking instation. I wouldn't hesitate to put Katzkins in the Buick or any car that I wanted leather in or to upgrade.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
I can't help you with whether or not you can just change the covers to the Avenir ones without changing seats. Power seat might be a challenge, it may have to be enabled in the body control module to work correctly.

As far as Katzkin, I installed a set of those in my Honda Element about 10 years ago and they are holding up well at 113K miles. The quality of the leather is nicer than what the Buick has. You also have the choice to customize the Katzkins a bit (different color / contrasting panels, stitching color). I did the install myself on the Honda, I can say the Katzkins are made to fit like factory and have all the same clips and foam backing and details that the factory upholstery has even on the parts you don't see but makes for a factory looking instation. I wouldn't hesitate to put Katzkins in the Buick or any car that I wanted leather in or to upgrade.
Thank you! I used to have an Element, probably the best vehicle Honda ever sold in the U.S. I loved mine bigly and I wish Honda was still selling them.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I really love Avenir fancy quilt-stitched seats. Is it possible to just replace the leather part or you have to order a whole new seat? Is it cheaper and better vs Katzkin? Also do Avenir whisper beige seats match shale interior?

Someone here posted that shale leather seats from Essense trim are too rough. If that's the case I wonder if Katzkin would be softer/better quality leather. Any other options besides Katzkin?

How hard is it to install a power passenger seat? I guess there is wiring and a fuse involved.
I’ve also looked at the Avenir seats, but have never got to feel them as no dealer within 100 miles has a Sportback Avenir available. It does appear the OEM seat covers are interchangeable. I note different part numbers for covers with heaters and the two types of lumbar support options, however this is more likely some loops or pockets on the backside to install the heaters and bladders respectively (which are separate parts). Even the backseat is shared with the sportback, you just need to get the right fold down versions (40/60 or 40/20/40). I don’t think shale and whisper beige are a color match - it appears online that whisper beige is lighter. What’s difficult is locating the exact part numbers for this option. I haven’t located the black version on any of the GM parts sites. There is a “beige” part number for seat covers and rear armrest/armrest trim. It doesn’t say it’s leather, but it is different than the part numbers for both fabric colors.

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
I've sat in the Sportback Avenir seats (never for a long drive) and didn't find them that much more comfortable than the seats in my Essence.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Thank you! I used to have an Element, probably the best vehicle Honda ever sold in the U.S. I loved mine bigly and I wish Honda was still selling them.
The Element is a great vehicle, well thought out, kind of has a cool quirky look about it. Great for dogs and hauls a lot more stuff than the outside dimensions would lead you to believe possible. It's a vehicle I haven't been able to bring myself to sell.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
The Element is a great vehicle, well thought out, kind of has a cool quirky look about it. Great for dogs and hauls a lot more stuff than the outside dimensions would lead you to believe possible. It's a vehicle I haven't been able to bring myself to sell.
The Element was close to perfection. It was offered with a manual (I had an auto), it had a 2-DIN stereo, but also a standard front subwoofer on EX that sounded amazing considering it originally came out in 2003. Seats are super comfortable, engine is a bit weak but sporty, steering is fun, handling is very easy and controlled, just like most Hondas. Utility is insane for its size. Used Elements now sell for their original MSRP, they are extremely valued, no depreciation after 10-15 years. I feel sad I traded-in mine so early, I should've traded it for a new one and kept it as long as I could.

Now after I researched new Bronco Sport is what new Element should've been. I absolutely hate that it is only offered in AWD, but utility and options are good. Not a Ford fan by any means.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
I've sat in the Sportback Avenir seats (never for a long drive) and didn't find them that much more comfortable than the seats in my Essence.
Thank you. I guess it just looks cool, nothing else. Katzkin would make more sense.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!