AWD light

RudyBob

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Today, pulling out of the driveway(my drive is slush, ice and gravel) a diagram light came on and told me AWD was off. I read the manual and didn't find a clear explanation. Why would it be off? esp on a slippery surface. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

pangelpip

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have that same problem when it snows. I actually have it at the dealer today and hopefully they can solve the problem. Good luck. I will let you know what they say when I hear.

Detroit, USA
Today, pulling out of the driveway(my drive is slush, ice and gravel) a diagram light came on and told me AWD was off. I read the manual and didn't find a clear explanation. Why would it be off? esp on a slippery surface. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi RudyBob,

Sorry about your concern with the AWD light activation. Please private message me if you would like assistance. Thanks.

Kenneth M.
Buick Customer Care

Detroit, USA
Hi pangelpip,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern as well! I see in your previous post that you had visited your dealership. Were they able to diagnose the concern? Feel free to send us a private message at any time to discuss this further.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

I had the same problem and there was no answer from Buick. Hopefully it won't happen again.

mcaracciolo384

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
2014 Encore
I know this has been talked about in previous posts and threads, but I figured I would add to this recent one. I never had this issue while it was cold out, however, over the weekend while I was running some errands I got this AWD off message in the middle of my day. It was 60 degrees and sunny, not sure why I got it. I realize I don’t really need the AWD during this time anyway, but the fact that it apparently can turn off at any time is something Buick and GM needs to look into and get resolved.
Anyone else have this issue with the warmer weather approaching as well?

Thanks,
Mike

Rioux

QC, Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore 2013
Hey guys,

Check this thread,
http://buickforums.com/forums/threads/33955-AWD-Shuts-Down-Cold-Start/page4

or read this:

Here are the technical fix issued by GM

Rear Differential Control Module Reprogramming
February 20, 2014
The All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) indicator may be illuminated or an AWD Disabled message may be displayed in the Driver Information Center (DIC) on some 2013-2014 Encore and Trax (Canada only) models equipped with AWD.

Code 173 may be set. Code 173 is not a DTC, but an action taken by the Rear Differential Control Module. If any DTCs are set, follow the diagnostics in the appropriate Service Information.

This condition may be caused by the software in the Rear Differential Control Module (RDCM). Updated Rear Differential Control Module software has been released to address this condition. If Code 173 is observed, reprogram the Rear Differential Control Module using the latest available software in TIS2Web.

I had this problem and now it's repaired

Cheers

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Had the warning for the 2nd time ever. I had pulled off the driveway onto the grass when it pinged. After ingition cycle all is well. The calbration must right on the edge as my tire pressures are all within one pound pressure thanks to digit tire pressure gage that reads in .1 of a pound. The grassy area was just enough to throw it all on a cold start.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
It was a cold winter!

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_160928.jpg
    IMG_20140126_160928.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 20
Get your turbo buick badge right here!