• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Back seat bracket

lucy_2008

Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne
2008 CXL, delivered to dealer 7/31/08 so I am guessing it was one of the last built for that model year. I just checked my back seat bracket that is reported to rub against the fuse box. My driver side bracket is much shorter than the passenger side. Looks factory, not cut. No chance to rub. No rub marks. What do you think of the theory that some cars just had the wrong bracket installed? Would be an easy mistake to make.
First post, great forum.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not sure when it was caught by GM, but if the driver's side is shorter, or smaller in size, then the passenger it has the update. The other item was a lower height fuse relay for the fuel pump which was also part of the TSB and update, not sure if that may apply on yours depending on when it was done.

century76

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne CX
Here are some pictures that I took before and after cutting the seat bracket. Hope this helps.DSCF3822s.jpgDSCF3823s.jpgDSCF3825s.jpg

Pedal Commander