Back Up Camera Question

SR45

Buick Ownership
2015 Encore Leather, Pear White
Just purchase a 2015 Leather Encore and I've noticed the back up camera seems washed out a bit (Too Light) and more difficult to see the guide lines. Had a 2015 Honda Fit with better clarity over the Encore. Anyone notice same or is it just me ? Early morning hours even more difficult with the Lic plate light on.

Thank You in advanced

Macromancer

Buick Newbie
Miami, FL
Buick Ownership
2015 Encore
Our 2015 Encore backup camera is crisp, clear, adequate contrast, etc.

Maybe your camera lens is dirty? Did you try cleaning the lens? With our Honda Odyssey, washed out video is always the result of a dirty lens, fwiw.

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
2014 White Encore Premium FWD
Just purchase a 2015 Leather Encore and I've noticed the back up camera seems washed out a bit (Too Light) and more difficult to see the guide lines. Had a 2015 Honda Fit with better clarity over the Encore. Anyone notice same or is it just me ? Early morning hours even more difficult with the Lic plate light on.

Thank You in advanced
In my 2014 Encore Premium, I can adjust the brightness of the back-up camera via the Tune/Menu button on the center console.

With the car in Reverse,..( brake on )...
Press the outer ring of the Tune/Menu button.
A slider scale will appear on the left side of the screen,
Rotate the Tune/Menu button to achieve the desired brightness.
Press outer ring to set

Hope this helps

SR45

Buick Ownership
Will give it a try. As far as cleaning, yes, that was the first thing I did. Thanks for the advice

SR45

Buick Ownership
We have lift off, it worked with the inner ring thingy rgt50wood. Thank you so very much. Learned something new today. Thanks to both

The Pool Man

Buick Ownership
Buick
Success! I thought the default contrast setting was the best my Encore could do. Now I know better.

thanks

SR45

Buick Ownership
I read the manual and could not find this adjustment anywhere. Unless I am blind or something. Glad I came to this forum to ask :D

R&L's Encore

Buick Ownership
Buick AWD Encore
We have a 2013 and it doesn't have the backup grid. There's nowhere to turn that feature on that I'm missing, is there?

R&L's Encore

Buick Ownership
Buick AWD Encore
I think they added grid lines in the 2015 model, so you (and I) are out of luck.
I wonder if you could change the camera out to a 2015. Are the grid lines a function of the camera? And I will never understand why they didn't have them in the first place.......

texan

Buick Ownership
Buick
I wonder if you could change the camera out to a 2015. Are the grid lines a function of the camera? And I will never understand why they didn't have them in the first place.......
Well the grid lines are supposed to curve as the driver turns the steering wheel, so the angle of the steering wheel or the front wheels needs to be transmitted to the infotainment system to enable this feature. Perhaps the corresponding sensor was only added in 2015? If so, it would take more than a software upgrade to get them on the older Encores...

zeke68

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
That's a great tip thanks! Just got back from talking with service adviser at local dealer about horrible image on back up camera on our new Encore. He says that is the way the camera is and several people have been in and said the same thing about their new Encores. He brings a new Encore into the service write up area and it's camera image is just as bad as mine. Again we discuss how they are just that way and I leave with more buyers remorse. And my first contact with Buick service. I start counting months left on lease.

Although mine works much better now those several other people with the same problem are not happy I am sure.

Thanks again
z

Foursoors

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Encore Convenience
Did you see the first page instructions on how to adjust it? Mine works fine. I haven't seen any reviewer complaints.

SR45

Buick Ownership
Yes Zeke68, did you read post number # 7. This shows you how to adjust the camera as mine was not right at first. It is not shown in the manual and I bet some service reps don't know about it as mine did not.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I have a 2014 Premium model. I do quite well with no grids. I also do well without the internet, as well. I let On Star expire, their rates are too high. I have a cell, and we have AAA.

Moira1040

Buick Ownership
Encore
the 2018 Buick Encore camera is even worse. Try backing up at night you cannot see anything! And with small rear window and the two headrests you have to have a backup camera to in order to back up.