• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

backup camera guidelines disappear randomly..

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
First - an introduction. We picked up our sport red tourx this Saturday, and so far, my wife (and I) loves it. We bought an Essence, DC I, DC II and Site and Sound, no roof. which is exactly what we were looking for. The car is a reincarnation of our long gone, but well-loved Tornado Red 1990 Audi 200 Quattro Avant.

Now for my question - does anyone else experience disappearing backup camera guide-lines? When one first shifts into reverse, the lines appear but 2 seconds later they disappear, as if the virtual button in the lower left of the screen was pushed. The amount of time it takes before they disappear seems to increase as the car is driven.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited:

fiero8801

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Yes, we've been experiencing the same issue. With ours, the lines come back if you shift to neutral or drive. The dealer checked for a software update, but they said its all up to date currently. I'm hoping a future update will fix the issue.

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
Agreed - the lines come back if you shift into neutral or drive. But if you shift back into reverse they eventually disappear again. I was thinking maybe the screen was defective and was randomly detecting a finger touch in the lower left part of the screen.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
That's strange. By any chance, you don't have a screen protector on your display do you?

Delton

California
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal Base
My 2012 has a 'factory reset' option in the settings.
Do the 18/19s have a similar option and have you tried that to any avail?

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
My 2012 has a 'factory reset' option in the settings.
Do the 18/19s have a similar option and have you tried that to any avail?
There is a factory reset option - but the problem has existed since we picked up the car. I may try it though....

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
There is a factory reset option - but the problem has existed since we picked up the car. I may try it though....
I would give it a shot. I work in software and sometimes doing a factory reset can fix odd issues... even on 'brand new' software.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
First - an introduction. We picked up our sport red tourx this Saturday, and so far, my wife (and I) loves it. We bought an Essence, DC I, DC II and Site and Sound, no roof. which is exactly what we were looking for. The car is a reincarnation of our long gone, but well-loved Tornado Red 1990 Audi 200 Quattro Avant.

Now for my question - does anyone else experience disappearing backup camera guide-lines? When one first shifts into reverse, the lines appear but 2 seconds later they disappear, as if the virtual button in the lower left of the screen was pushed. The amount of time it takes before they disappear seems to increase as the car is driven.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

Dave
Mine does the exact same thing. Does not bother me, but if there is a fix for it, I'll get it done.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As I do not own one of these, do the lines dissappear if the car is not moving or could there be a "Time Out" mode that it is working off of. As with most electronics if it's repeated at the same number of seconds to turn off someone had to program it.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
I have noticed this happen a few times, but have not discovered any pattern as to when it happens. I thought it maybe had to do with how close I was to stuff, but other times it seems fine in a similar situation. It's not a time based issue for me.

I think I've noticed it most coming out of my driveway if I'm approaching a single parked car while turning the wheel sharply. I thought maybe it had to do with the radar piece "seeing" what probably looks like a V shaped object that I'm backing toward, and the software guidelines sort of giving up out of confusion.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I was wrong. (Mia culpa). Following the instructions from others on the forum, I touched the lower left icon, and now the lines stay on. Funny that I never noticed it befor. (Wish the lines were darker though).

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
I was wrong. (Mia culpa). Following the instructions from others on the forum, I touched the lower left icon, and now the lines stay on. Funny that I never noticed it befor. (Wish the lines were darker though).
Alas, with our car, when the lines disappear, so does the the icon to turn them on.

Are there some folks who have a 2018 tourx or sportback that does NOT have this issue?

Last edited:

Gary N

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I had this happen once but never again, so I just chalked it up to being an electronic fluke. I also had the backup mirrors properly lower when in reverse, but then stayed that way when I shifted back into drive a few times.

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
I had this happen once but never again, so I just chalked it up to being an electronic fluke. I also had the backup mirrors properly lower when in reverse, but then stayed that way when I shifted back into drive a few times.
Hmmm - that does lend credence to the suggestion that I reset the system to factory specs. Just means resetting everything afterwards....

Delton

California
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal Base
Do only the TourXs do the mirror thing? Was looking to buy one and I'm curious towards all the features that don't seem to be advertised.

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Alas, with our car, when the lines disappear, so does the the icon to turn them on.

Are there some folks who have a 2018 tourx or sportback that does NOT have this issue?
I have an '18 TourX (build date 9/17) and I haven't had any issues with the backup camera lines disappearing.

milicz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
How do you make the mirrors adjust when you're backing up? Can't find the setting.

Pedal Commander