• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Badge conversation help/source?

Ckatz

Bryant University
Buick Ownership
2018 regal sportback
I'd love to swap out at least the front bumper badge for a Holden/Opel/vauxhall ... Preferably all. I'd love people asking what is that?!.

Any ideas for a source, I've been trying for a while with no luck.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Believe it or not--you're not the first person to go down that road. Opel re-badging (or restoration, depending on your viewpoint) is not easy--just because of the extended bits of the 'blitz' logo--unless you get the entire grill assy.--also covered in this forum, just use the search box. The Vauxhall version is covered here:

Ckatz

Bryant University
Buick Ownership
2018 regal sportback
Believe it or not--you're not the first person to go down that road. Opel re-badging (or restoration, depending on your viewpoint) is not easy--just because of the extended bits of the 'blitz' logo--unless you get the entire grill assy.--also covered in this forum, just use the search box. The Vauxhall version is covered here:

Thanks, I definitely see some leads in the threads, biggest question is what year insignia do I look for if I have a 2018, bc it's the first of the sportback generation for Buick. Like will a 2017 badge fit with the same hassle?

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
Thanks, I definitely see some leads in the threads, biggest question is what year insignia do I look for if I have a 2018, bc it's the first of the sportback generation for Buick. Like will a 2017 badge fit with the same hassle?
Unfortunately, you will need to replace the whole upper grille in order to have a Holden/Opel/Vauxhall look... Buick Regal grille parts are not compatible with Holden/Opel/Vauxhall grills.

Attachments

• Insignia B - GR.jpg
    Insignia B - GR.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 9

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You don't need to replace the whole grill with some time spent in the shop to modify the Buick emblem. I spent a total of $230 including shipping converting my wagon back. That includes two stick on Opel emblems (rear ones), 4 wheel center caps, and a stick on emblem for the steering wheel (came as a 4 pack). Steering wheel emblem was an ebay item (50mm). All others came from Bitzparts in Germany. How I converted the front emblem is in a post in this forum.

Note: I do not have Active Cruise Control. If I did than yes, a whole new grill would need to be purchased.

Attachments

• Opel B.jpg
    Opel B.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Opel A.jpg
    Opel A.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Opel C.jpg
    Opel C.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Opel D.jpg
    Opel D.jpg