• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Battery died this morning

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
My second didn't last long. Started having the same issues as before and they swapped it out.
Sorry, I meant to say second replacement battery.

Soon after my battery was replaced, it started charging at a high voltage all the time, but the ASS worked normal until the past week. I've read some folks had their regulator changed on these but if there is a bad cell, I guess it would also create higher charge level.

Thanks for the reply.

Anaduff

Associate Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
The original battery in mine was a 'GM'--but the date code didn't match anything from AC/Delco (nor was there any other labeling); what make was your second battery?

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
Either get the ACDelco AGM High Reserve or pick-up a Everstart Maxx at Walmart. The Everstart is produced by JCI (now named Clarios) and is made at highest level of quality available but Walmart has negotiated an amazing price. ACDelco is 49% owned by Clarios.

Buy yourself a Schumacher low amp digital charger to help keep the batter desulfurized, charged with a top charge... hope this helps.

skypilot170

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1
Either get the ACDelco AGM High Reserve or pick-up a Everstart Maxx at Walmart. The Everstart is produced by JCI (now named Clarios) and is made at highest level of quality available but Walmart has negotiated an amazing price. ACDelco is 49% owned by Clarios.

Buy yourself a Schumacher low amp digital charger to help keep the batter desulfurized, charged with a top charge... hope this helps.

Bad idea !

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
The main difference is the substrate for the electrolyte and the ability to take the abuse of the ASS system.. if the CCA, RC and Ref CA are equivalent are the same, it will function fine. However, if ASS is enabled and your Regal sees 75% city driving overtime you will weaken the ability of the battery to take a charge and sulfurize the battery. You can also invest in an EFB and it will perform well. I believe the Everstart Maxx batteries are EFB.

My recommendation is to eliminate ASS and install the best battery for your application.

Based on the performance of the factory installed battery, I would ultimately recommend ACDelco AGM High Reserve if you are going to keep ASS active. If you disable, find the best battery for your pocket book.

skypilot170

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1
Improved flooded battery technology, increasingly referred to as EFB technology in the market, offers a cost effective solution for entry level Start-Stop vehicles.This has led to manufacturers developing a battery technology that meets the demands of Start-Stop operation in a higher state of charge than expected from AGM technology, but lower than that expected from standard wet-flooded starter batteries.
(Also known as AFB (Advanced Flooded Battery) and ECM (Enhanced-Cycling-Mat)

I still won't use a FLA battery in these Hi end Hi demand level vehicles today.
What are we talkin .......$50 bucks....maybe

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
Improved flooded battery technology, increasingly referred to as EFB technology in the market, offers a cost effective solution for entry level Start-Stop vehicles.This has led to manufacturers developing a battery technology that meets the demands of Start-Stop operation in a higher state of charge than expected from AGM technology, but lower than that expected from standard wet-flooded starter batteries.
(Also known as AFB (Advanced Flooded Battery) and ECM (Enhanced-Cycling-Mat)

I still won't use a FLA battery in these Hi end Hi demand level vehicles today.
What are we talkin .......$50 bucks....maybe
Is that a copy/paste from a website?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners