• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Battery/starting issues

g_382025

2016 new old stock purchased in December 2017. Throng of passneger side airbag uindiactor issues. Finally the dealer replaced the passenger air-bag seat sensor module that was allegedly a descrepancy in a service bulletin. Now months later battery problems? After seeing that the coolant reservoir hadn't been checked or topped off, I'm reluctant to visit the dealership in question. I'll try another dealership that is closer to my house although I truly beleive in the repeat customer theory.

Tom2216

Buick Ownership
2015 Verano
I own a 2015 Verano that I bought brand new. It is now on its third battery. The original battery lasted 20 months, the second (dealer installed) lasted 15 months. The third (also from the dealer)? Have to wait and see. It is now 10 days old. Wondering about all this.

Michael121

Buick Ownership
2015 Verano Turbo
2015 Turbo, also bought new - my first battery lasted 2 years, then was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Going on 2 years now and crossing my fingers... If I replace it again, it won't be at the dealer.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I have a Walmart supplied battery in my car that is 4-yrs old and still going strong with 12.6v & regular cell fill checks with external charging after short trips. I also carry a jump starter power pack in the trunk (fully charged) in case I ever need one.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
My 2013 2.0L Turbo still has it's original battery.... at least for a couple more days when I will have time to change it.
It just started showing signs of dying. Slow cranking on startup.

Partially my fault. Until a couple of days ago, the car had sat for 2 months without being started, which will obviously drain a battery due to all of the electronic "memory" on the newer cars.

Surprisingly, the car did start without a jump, but just barely...
Drove it for about an hour and then parked it for the night.
Less than 24 hrs later, it still started but not without a few slow cranks.
Alternator is fine, battery just won't hold a charge.

I will replace it myself with an Interstate Battery.

Last edited:

Smitb19

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Have a 2013 Buick Verano. 3 months ago car would not start one morning. Appeared battery was dead. AAA called and jump started car. Ran rest of day and would restart fine. Next AM would not start again. Towed to dealer. They jump started it and kept it overnight. It would not start again next morning for them. They could not find a problem and said they just tightened up all the connections. Next two mornings at dealership it started for them. I picked up car and they told me to return if problem recurred.

Car was fine until a week ago. Car started fine and drove 20 minutes to airport parking. Stopped car to unload bags and passengers for shuttle. Engine off for less than 5 minutes. Attempted to restart car and battery dead. Parking attendant jumped car so I could park it in parking lot. Drove it for less than a couple minutes so was not expecting to recharge battery. Gone for 7 days. When I returned to parking lot after trip, lights came on when used remote to unlock car but car would not start. Battery went dead with attempt to start. Jump started and drove 20 minutes home. Next morning started fine. Anyone else have similar problems? Any ideas?
I have a 2013 Verano and just started to experience this problem yesterday morning. I had my roommate give me a jump on my car and why was able to drive to work which is about 20 to 25 minutes away worked from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and when it was time to leave the car wouldn't start but when I attempt it to crank the car again it started without a jump this morning around 5 a.m. I checked it and I can see that there was a struggle starting but it still started. I'm a female and I don't like heart issues. I don't like this at all.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
A 2013... almost 100% likely that it is time for a new battery. I also have a 2013 and the battery bit the dust just a few months ago. And mine only has 40K miles, garage kept, and mainly a summer only car. Of course it is the summer heat that actually kills a battery, not the winter cold as some people believe.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I also have the opinion that it's the summer heat that damages batteries more so than the winter. In the winter the battery discharges faster and the engine is harder to turn over due to the oil being thicker.

ravaran

Buick Ownership
Are there any instructions available for changing the battery in the Verano? Have a 2014 and couldn't find instructions anywhere. I did see a video for a Chevy Cruze which looks close.

Should i connect a battery butler / battery tender to the battery cables before removing to preserve some charge to the electronics? Will any settings get deleted when doing a battery change otherwise?

Thanks!

ravaran

Buick Ownership
Are there any instructions available for changing the battery in the Verano? Have a 2014 and couldn't find instructions anywhere. I did see a video for a Chevy Cruze which looks close.

Should i connect a battery butler / battery tender to the battery cables before removing to preserve some charge to the electronics? Will any settings get deleted when doing a battery change otherwise?

Thanks!