• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Best deal on the Tourx

cabrala

What I am saying is that the dealer should have either sold the car as used or CPO. Hopefully they did not sell it to you as "new". 😓
Please correct me if I am wrong, but if new, the warranty would be the factory number and not the 38-months Applebag noted. I assume they bought it used, not CPO. What would be the issue with the dealer selling it as new?

JTown25

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I paid 24k for a 2018 with 600 miles on it. Sticker was 38k. Someone bought it liked it traded it in for the higher trim. I have sights and sounds and dc1 packages.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
As GM has bailed out on the TourX & Regal, Getting 33% to up to 40% off MSRP Should be the market price. Let GM take the loss, as you are taking the risk. Heck of a car for those prices.

Bamcrockett

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I bought my 2018 preferred new back in July -- sunroof, sights and sounds. 38K list - 25.5K delivered --Suspect 19s can be had at close to this.
wont have much resale but I don't care -- ill run it into the ground. So sad'''''''''''''''''''''

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I bought my 2018 preferred new back in July -- sunroof, sights and sounds. 38K list - 25.5K delivered --Suspect 19s can be had at close to this.
wont have much resale but I don't care -- ill run it into the ground. So sad'''''''''''''''''''''
I'm not going to worry because I'll calculate depreciation based on purchase price, not MSRP.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Please correct me if I am wrong, but if new, the warranty would be the factory number and not the 38-months Applebag noted. I assume they bought it used, not CPO. What would be the issue with the dealer selling it as new?
CPO has whatever the factory warranty is left PLUS an additonal year.
Given the mileage and how it was used, it shall not be sold as new.
Applebag stated it was loaner/demo, then it should have been titled to the dealership for insurance purposes and have a registered plate.
The dealer should not have used a dealer plate for loaner, as those are supposed to be used for test drives. Each state's law varies, but the principles are the same, where it would be illegal for the dealers to do that.
If it was never titled before they can't sell it as used or CPO
Please refer to my reply to cabrala above.

Tonesgto

Buick Ownership
TourX
Applebag stated it was loaner/demo, then it should have been titled to the dealership for insurance purposes and have a registered plate.
The dealer should not have used a dealer plate for loaner, as those are supposed to be used for test drives. Each state's law varies, but the principles are the same, where it would be illegal for the dealers to do that.

GM does a loaner program so that the cars are never titled. When I was with Nissan it was a similar program.

kqian111

[/URL]

With my loaner/CTP that I bought, it was titled and registered by the dealer. I bought it as used on the invoice. Funny thing is the warranty started at the time of my purchase so I got the full 4 years 60k of bumper to bumper.

This is California.

Tonesgto

Buick Ownership
TourX
So there shouldn't be an in-service date and the warranty brand new, right? (Specific to Applebag's post)
It's weird. Technical the cars are never titled but the warranty starts the day it enters loan service. They get to put a CPO warranty on them so they wind up being better then new warranty wise.

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
What do you think I could get a new Essence for?
We got over $11.000 off on our 2019 Preferred TourX with navigation and the driver safety package. Plus we got private party retail on our Camaro trade. Then, after the dust settled, we found out we were entitled to a $700 Costco Credit Card. All things considered, the transaction was the best we've ever experienced from a car dealership.

swegyptian

Buick Ownership
TourX
I just got a used 2019 Essence with 680 miles for $25.5. Seems to have most of the options minus sunroof? In fact I don’t think I saw any with the sunroof. Felt like a solid deal, and I’m happy to be in a wagon again!

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Just to clarify...

Vehicle was sold to me as new...

I was told it was put into service on January 3rd, 2019.

I would receive the remainder of the factory warranty... which I was told 2018's had a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.

so basically.... 3 years and 2 months left of coverage...... I'll never hit the millage end of the warranty.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Just to clarify...

Vehicle was sold to me as new...

I was told it was put into service on January 3rd, 2019.

I would receive the remainder of the factory warranty... which I was told 2018's had a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.

so basically.... 3 years and 2 months left of coverage...... I'll never hit the millage end of the warranty.
Tell them that is BS.
They cannot sell it to a retail customer as new if it was already put in service in January 2019.

Charleetho

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Last September our 2018 Essenese DC1 Pano stickered for 39ish and we paid 24k even. It was a service loaner for a year and had 5,000 miles on it. The warranty started the day it became the loaner. A year of warranty used up but we got the free oil changes, free On-star and XM like it was brand new.
I know there is a risk in buying a service loaner, but I can't imagine the typical elderly Buick customer would beat on it while their car is in for service.

Turbo Buick Badge