Best headlight upgrade

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
Plug and play upgrades:

9006 Headlamps:

9005 Highbeams:

$62.95 shipped for the two sets, but to be honest the difference is far more noticeable in the headlamps than in the highbeams so you could probably just upgrade the headlamps for the $30. These Xenon lamps last longer than factory type halogen bulbs and don't require new headlight assemblies nor other possible modifications as LED bulbs do. They're also made in USA and DOT approved.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Plug and play upgrades:

9006 Headlamps:

9005 Highbeams:

$62.95 shipped for the two sets, but to be honest the difference is far more noticeable in the headlamps than in the highbeams so you could probably just upgrade the headlamps for the $30. These Xenon lamps last longer than factory type halogen bulbs and don't require new headlight assemblies nor other possible modifications as LED bulbs do. They're also made in USA and DOT approved.
It’s a noble upgrade if you will

i actually plan to do this for my f150. I can’t get the housings to have a non scattered beam with an led unlike my park avenue which has a cut off.
so to not blind drivers and have actual useful distribution of the light I am going to do that. Although, I’m gonna first find where I put the halogens because they are aftermarket housings and I’d be curious if they even work for the intended bulb.. cheap stuff ya know how it goes

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
It’s a noble upgrade if you will

i actually plan to do this for my f150. I can’t get the housings to have a non scattered beam with an led unlike my park avenue which has a cut off.
so to not blind drivers and have actual useful distribution of the light I am going to do that. Although, I’m gonna first find where I put the halogens because they are aftermarket housings and I’d be curious if they even work for the intended bulb.. cheap stuff ya know how it goes
I have found one can order both sets on eBay for less than what one set costs locally in stores (in fact I doubt I can even get these here), but for the truck there may only be one bulb for both highbeams and lowbeams.

They also have the "zXe Gold" line which has a light that may more resemble LEDs but I believe the regular "zXe" line is brighter. I have owned and liked both but believe I bought the regular type again the last time. Apparently the "Silverstar Ultra" line is actually one of the brightest but perhaps in a less periodically noble fashion (so therefore likely do not last as long; the 9005 and 9006 zXe sets I'm currently using were brought over from another car and are nearing 5 years old with 20-25k miles on them minimum). The Silverstar Ultras are what I bought for a Ford truck in the family to test them out; not sure they've been installed yet.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
I have found one can order both sets on eBay for less than what one set costs locally in stores (in fact I doubt I can even get these here), but for the truck there may only be one bulb for both highbeams and lowbeams.

They also have the "zXe Gold" line which has a light that may more resemble LEDs but I believe the regular "zXe" line is brighter. I have owned and liked both but believe I bought the regular type again the last time. Apparently the "Silverstar Ultra" line is actually one of the brightest but perhaps in a less periodically noble fashion (so therefore likely do not last as long; the 9005 and 9006 zXe sets I'm currently using were brought over from another car and are nearing 5 years old with 20-25k miles on them minimum). The Silverstar Ultras are what I bought for a Ford truck in the family to test them out; not sure they've been installed yet.
My f150 is a 96 and it’s 1 bulb two functions. Kinda dislike that ngl, and i HATE the rear being a single bulb for tail stop turn. That should be illegal in my opinion. Some say I’m spoiled by park avenue where I have amber turns, red tails/stops which are combined, yes, but beings the lid has redundant lights I have 2 bulbs per side performing stop/tail and that’s acceptable in my eyes

if I really wanted I could make the stop lamp all 4 but the tail be just the body side/outer lamps as to maintain us compliance

now that I think about it..

Edit: to better demonst how much this issue bothers me I made my f150 have a clear turn signal housing in Front with an amber bulb as well as the side markers primarily for contrast lit to unlit for safety. Faded Ford orange is indistinguishable from faded Ford orange illuminated

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
There was a recall on Regals of at least my year and perhaps earlier years for Crystalline tail lamped models. I guess that option also included whited out front turn indicator assemblies but for some reason they sent them from the factory with white bulbs instead of amber bulbs! The recall replaced the factory bulbs with amber ones.

I believe mine has two bulbs on each side with dual function with the signal indicator superseding the brakes, but perfectly safe with the cat's eye light and still all red in the back, through superficially clear tail lamps. This option was awesome.

img_0512-i-jpg.29272

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
There was a recall on Regals of at least my year and perhaps earlier years for Crystalline tail lamped models. I guess that option also included whited out front turn indicator assemblies but for some reason they sent them from the factory with white bulbs instead of amber bulbs! The recall replaced the factory bulbs with amber ones.

I believe mine has two bulbs on each side with dual function with the signal indicator superseding the brakes, but perfectly safe with the cat's eye light and still all red in the back, through superficially clear tail lamps. This option was awesome.

img_0512-i-jpg.29272
No CHMSL must be a late80s? Nice looking car tho

my 90 olds 88 isn’t clear in theback but they made the rear much more subtle when unlit

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's another forum post on a 2003, which I'll assume is close to 2004, that explains the problem and has wiring schematics.

But seeing how someone else ordered a set of LED already they can just beta test them for everyone else lol.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
No CHMSL must be a late80s? Nice looking car tho

my 90 olds 88 isn’t clear in theback but they made the rear much more subtle when unlit
Yes it has; the brakes are not engaged in photo. I mentioned "cat's eye light."

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
LED are a great upgrade, but as with any other type of modification due diligence is required as they have various differences so they are not always a clear plug and play.

As LED lighting is a acceptable solution on modern vehicles not sure why certain people insist on going back to the stone age every time it comes up, but I have upgraded and have no issues seeing forward or have high beam flash from on coming drivers.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
LED are a great upgrade, but as with any other type of modification due diligence is required as they have various differences so they are not always a clear plug and play.

As LED lighting is a acceptable solution on modern vehicles not sure why certain people insist on going back to the stone age every time it comes up, but I have upgraded and have no issues seeing forward or have high beam flash from on coming drivers.
Some housings won’t accept an LED even with braid instead of fans, some LEDs can’t replicate designed function well enough to make a suitable beam pattern(what I think I have) some have a die hard thing for OE. Like buying NOS lightbulbs and stuff lol. Some will be difficult to make into LED like my tail lamp setup on my park avenue. I think I may have found a solution and easy work around but I have to test it yet. That will allow me to make it with much less work.
Some by design need the heat of a halogen lamp for certain functions. Some need the resistance(if a resistor can be added usually this will work)
I would definitely stick with led if I could get a suitable pattern but it scatters randomly and unhelpfully(except for contrast)

also, in the case of the rear 194 bulbs in park avenue front turn signals, it’s a switch back which is polarity reversing. The amount of Bs Needsd to make that function is unreal and I will be just using the forward turn bulb and splicing into its power to blink when the front does. Easier that way lol

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It was a general statement, but every time the word LED shows up a certain opinion always manages to appear on a vehicle that not even closely related LOL.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
It was a general statement, but every time the word LED shows up a certain opinion always manages to appear on a vehicle that not even closely related LOL.
D8B384D4-BC97-4D10-8D47-6E78E815DA93.jpeg 186A1564-69A4-4138-A16C-B01FA1C5F0B1.jpeg 60EC75B4-FA2B-4AC5-921C-CE51FB05FD3F.jpeg C7A1B96F-555A-4FE1-BF6E-B059E376BC22.jpeg
clearly some pics demonstrating LED lighting was necessary. You’re welcome from my random photos

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Nice photo of the tractor, most people would see a abandoned farm vehicle but those are money in the bank! In the open area the LED brightness is welcomed especially if you see Bambi or any of her friends before your vehicle does.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
Nice photo of the tractor, most people would see a abandoned farm vehicle but those are money in the bank! In the open area the LED brightness is welcomed especially if you see Bambi or any of her friends before your vehicle does.
I am the one that killed Bambi’s mom. Tapped her head with my f150. Only deer I hit. Didn’t do much to my truck since I just. Struck the head. 61BD8670-A0CB-4D94-B0A3-48E2A1F02863.png

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Goose, Suburban 4x4, I90-94 Chicago 4:00 PM, Suburban-1, Goose-0. Axle meet goose, goose meet axle.

TwiztidRat

Buick Ownership
Buick
81Ct-dLRK3L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg Look for these they basically plug in like a normal bulb and come with the cooling fan no extra wiring required, I been using them in all my vehicles for a long time and been very satisfied by the brightness.

TwiztidRat

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah they are compatible with the 9006 and 9005 bulbs, I put these in my jeep grand cherokee and those bulbs use the same number.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Hate to say that isn't a 2004 Buick lesabre, just because something fits doesn't mean it's correct.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners