• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Best tires for your Regal

Best replacement tire set you had already tried on your Regal?

• Total voters

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
I did search entire forum and there was no single thread dedicated to overall tire choices for Regal, TourX and GS. So here it is.

I could not fit all brands under voting. I know Nexen, Hankook and Kumho make decent tires as well, I just haven't tried them yet. Cooper tires are also good in mid-range category. BFGoodrich is a sub-brand of Michelin and many people like them. General is a sub-brand of Continental and Altimax line looks very similar to our ProContact TX.

Last edited:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I had good luck with Generals in the past on my Legacy GT and a buddy has the General GMAX RS on his 300 SRT and likes them but I think I may try the GMAX AS version. The slight performance gains aren't enough of a gain for me to risk getting caught in a freak snow storm early or late in the year.

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
Tires for a GS are much different than tires for a Tour X. What type of tire are you looking for? A good all season tire will not make a good Summer performance tire. I have the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 ultra summer performance tires on the G8 and really like them. But for some reason I'm going through rears like they are going out of style. LOL. Although 424 rear wheel horsepower may have something to do with it.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Though I'm still running OE tires at the moment, my favorite tires are the Continental Extreme DWS. Work great in all conditions and look pretty cool too.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
Tires for a GS are much different than tires for a Tour X. What type of tire are you looking for? A good all season tire will not make a good Summer performance tire. I have the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 ultra summer performance tires on the G8 and really like them. But for some reason I'm going through rears like they are going out of style. LOL. Although 424 rear wheel horsepower may have something to do with it.

I am personally looking for Grand Touring tires. I would be looking for more comfort + more MPGs. I had Toyo Versado Noir and Michelin Premier on my previous car, both very comfortable, but Michelin is $100 extra per tire compared to Toyo for marginally better sport-ier handling. My goal here is to collect feedback on what tires you had tried on your Regal: handling, comfort, fuel economy changes, wet handling etc.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I have Altimax RT 43 on my ‘13 GS and they have been great. Reasonable price and warranted for 85000 miles. These are not high performance tires but for year round daily driving cannot be beat.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I am personally looking for Grand Touring tires. I would be looking for more comfort + more MPGs. I had Toyo Versado Noir and Michelin Premier on my previous car, both very comfortable, but Michelin is $100 extra per tire compared to Toyo for marginally better sport-ier handling. My goal here is to collect feedback on what tires you had tried on your Regal: handling, comfort, fuel economy changes, wet handling etc.
I would hope there is good reason Michelin Premier's are so pricey?

kylejohnston1

Buick Ownership
none currently
Regarding brand name, I have bought 2 sets of Coopers for SUVs recently and I was impressed with the bang for the buck factor. Great value. The Coopers came with a nice rebate for buying a set of 4 so be sure to check on any available promotions. The category of tire selected (summer, all-season, performance, all-terrain, etc.) will always vary based on geographic location and intended use.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
I have Altimax RT 43 on my ‘13 GS and they have been great. Reasonable price and warranted for 85000 miles. These are not high performance tires but for year round daily driving cannot be beat.

Nice. I saw Altimax were rated very high by Consumer Reports. I wonder if they are exactly the same as our ProContactTX, just sold under General name. They are clearly touring only tires.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
No Pirelli Cincherato P7s?

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
So far I love my Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. They have really good performance without having a rough ride. They are quiet too. My Continental VikingContact winter tires are all great. They feel more like all season tires in normal driving and wear very well. Both are loads quieter than the stock tires.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
So far I love my Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. They have really good performance without having a rough ride. They are quiet too. My Continental VikingContact winter tires are all great. They feel more like all season tires in normal driving and wear very well. Both are loads quieter than the stock tires.
How is the MPG? Our OEM ProContactTX have foam inside to block the noise, but they are somewhat loud at higher speeds.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I am wondering how long do the factory tires last?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I am wondering how long do the factory tires last?
Good question. They seem to be wearing like iron given how hard I'm driving on 'em. I'm getting close to 13,000 miles on my TourX and I'll take a cloverleaf ramp at higher and higher speeds until I start to slide but the original Michelin's still look not much different than they did day one.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
Good question. They seem to be wearing like iron given how hard I'm driving on 'em. I'm getting close to 13,000 miles on my TourX and I'll take a cloverleaf ramp at higher and higher speeds until I start to slide but the original Michelin's still look not much different than they did day one.
Michelin? Well that's new. I saw only Goodyear Assurance and Continental ProContact TX as the only OEM tires on the US market.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!