biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

Thread starter #1

gadgethead

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.

mnmike

Buick Ownership
Buick
Drivers sunshade is too small (probably passengers too, but I don't use that one). Does not adequately block the sun when rotated to the door position.

MHT

Indiana
What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
The drivers side foot rest works well for me.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
1) Door arm rests are a little narrow.
2) I've adjusted the lumbar as far away from me as possible and I can still feel it digging into my back after a few hours of sitting.
3) I never ever get 17 city mileage as stated on window sticker. I have
however achieved 27.1 highway average over past 1000 miles which crushes the expected 27 :)
4) Sunroof tint could stand to be a little darker. That high tech electricly-switched opaque glass would have been a killer feature to implement.
5) I wish the car had intelligent cruise control.
6) In-dash Nav almost never matches google maps or Garmin and consistently suggests longer, poorly chosen routes. Not set to avoid anything so no idea why it suggests these longer routes. On the plus side, fantasy Nav lady sounds super hot :)
7) Ventilated seat fans could blow stronger.
8) Would very much like an interior trunk popper. I'm considering paying some ghetto car electronics shop to add one for me if they can convince me they won't blow up the car's brains in the process.
9) Storage is woefully lacking.

Despite these complaints, I absolutely love our LaCrosse. The positives are many, I would buy one in every color if my wife would let me!!

1000 miles over past 2 days and aside from the rare Caddy, Merc, BMW... our LaCrosse is pretty much the nicest car out here on I-70. Of course where I'm at right now in Columbia Missouri folks are still driving teal Chevy Berettas :)

Tduke57

Buick Ownership
Buick
Number one for me is poor reliability. As I've chronicled on the forum in the past I've had to be towed twice due to electonic failures in my 2010 CXS. This is unforgiveable to me, I commute 100 miles a day to work in rural central Texas where cell reception is spotty and you are no-kidding stranded if the car fails. This is my main reason for replacing this vehicle next spring which should coincide with the end of the factory warranty.

The glitchy nav system (replace once already), self-opening trunk lid, poor interior storage, mysterious and alarming DIC messages ("Cruise Control Set to 117 MPH" when only going 70 MPH) and so on. You just never know what this car is going to do next... I guess I need more certainty in my daily transportation.

Onslow

Buick Ownership
Buick
My only complaint is the way the A-pillars block frontal visability on sharp corners. Need to lean forward or sideways sometimes to see around them.

jft69z

Western NY
Buick Ownership
'11 CXL-gone, '11 CTS-V Coupe (6M), '13 ZR1 Vette, '69 RS/Z-28 454 cu.in;'15 BMW 550i
No interior trunk release button, ventilated seats could work a bit better. Otherwise, I like the car a lot.

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35is, 2011 Acura MDX
My biggest complaint (fixed in later models) is the ability to lock your keys in your trunk if you approach a locked car, open the trunk, and accidentally drop in your gym bag or briefcase in and close it. Even though fob is just inside the trunk, it stays locked (no delay, no beep warning -- nothing).
Credit Buick for fixing, but never should have been an issue. This may sound strange, but if I'd had know this before buying, I might have thought twice. I'm at the gym every day, and always have to resist urge to plop keys in my bag with other personal belongings for fear I might drop bag back in trunk and have to call someone to come get me. Every buyer has small "pet peeves" that are a big deal for them in particular, and this is mine.

The other overriding issue is weight. The car is too heavy. It hurts handling, accelration, and fuel economy. There is no reason in 2012 that Buick can't build lighter cars that still offer quiet luxury.
Some of the symptoms addressed with newer, more powerful V-6, but still car needs to drop 400 pounds if Buick wants to continue to try and expand their age demographic downward.

I've learned to live with lack of storage, poorly designed armrest, no trunk release, ventilated seats that just lightly suck sweat off your body so only cool under very specific climate conditions, etc.
They don't bother me much anymore.

Last edited:

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35is, 2011 Acura MDX
The glitchy nav system (replace once already), self-opening trunk lid, poor interior storage, mysterious and alarming DIC messages ("Cruise Control Set to 117 MPH" when only going 70 MPH) and so on. You just never know what this car is going to do next... I guess I need more certainty in my daily transportation.
I've got the gremlin too (trunk opens on own, random "check suspension system" warnings for no reason, bluetooth phone auto-dialing its own number on entering car, etc.).

I do feel sometimes my car is possessed. I guess it gives it personality.

scandalous

Texas
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse eAssist
The other overriding issue is weight. The car is too heavy. It hurts handling, accelration, and fuel economy. There is no reason in 2012 that Buick can't build lighter cars that still offer quiet luxury.
Well said and on the eAssist it makes it more of a problem with horrible city fuel economy.

Hello All,

It is great to get your honest feedback on the LaCrosse. If you should ever have a concern you would like looked into, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here on the forum via private message. We request the last 8 digits of the VIN be included so we may do some preliminary investigations.

Kind regards,
Sarah (Assisting Tricia)
Buick Customer Service

67corvette

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2012 LACROSSE. Two complaints. The bluetooth drops out and only way is to unpair then pair again. It could work for a day or a week.
2nd is the Nav system. Choose from address book and start route guidance, then if I use voice command to cancel or suspend route guidance it tells me there is no current route guidance then I will hear the router guidance voice tell me to continue on router. Only way to cancel is manually. Other than that great car for the money. So far 3200 miles.

67corvette

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2012 LACROSSE. Two complaints. The bluetooth drops out and only way is to unpair then pair again. It could work for a day or a week.
2nd is the Nav system. Choose from address book and start route guidance, then if I use voice command to cancel or suspend route guidance it tells me there is no current route guidance then I will hear the router guidance voice tell me to continue on router. Only way to cancel is manually. Other than that great car for the money. So far 3200 miles.
My vin #CF270842

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
25000 miles+ and has not been to dealer yet so only little gripes here.
I don't get to drive it much myself but I have a hard time getting the seat really comfortable. I'm an armrest guy and GM cars haven't had decent ones of those in many years. I find the center console rest hard and awkward. The A pillars are quite large but I understand that's where everyone is headed.

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
1: Lack of storage in the front seat area. If anything a place to put your cell phone would have been great.

2: memory seat logic is weird. I've never had a car where you have to hold down the button to complete the movement of the seat.

3: I wish it had Rainsensing wipers. Older model Buicks had them, why did they discontinue them?

Drayton Valley, AB
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Door molding alignment issues. Storage sucks. I am quite used to the size of my trucks so getting into this car sometimes feels a little small. I have only put 9000Kms on it over the last year. So far, no electrical gremlins and the NAV, at least for me works well enough.

Stereo is good enough for now. Didn't realize a simple upgrade would void the cars warranty. Pathetic.

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
I'm hard pressed to find any "major" disslikes. The large front pillar blind spots are annoying. Maybe I've been lucky but the 2 out of the box issues were quickly corrected by my dealer whom I am very happy with.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.