Black Betty - 2013 Regal Turbo Premium 2

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
Hi all,

I'm going to make a thread on here to document mods and help out anyone else who might want to do a few things to their Regal.

I bought this 2013 Regal in December of 2015 with 41,700 miles. It is Black Diamond Tricoat on Black Leather. No Sunroof. (The EXACT way I wanted one.)

Anyways, pictures. These wheels ruin the Turbos.....

I love this color.

Back to the wheels....I replaced them! I also painted the chrome trim under the fog lights...because old people.

These are refurbished GM Performance wheels. They were a 3k option for the cars at the time. I have Goodyear RSAs mounted to them and love them.

It's a snow machine. It's AWESOME in the snow.

I got LED fog lights since I have HIDs and GM is dumb and put halogens in fogs.

Also colorized the Buick logo using vinyl sheets.

Went on a 2000 mile trip.

It is very versatile. I have 4 end tables, a coffee table, bookshelf, two duffle bags, and a computer or two in that trunk....

Installed LEDs in the interior.

I detailed the engine.

So yeah. Enough with the pic dump.

It's got 45,400 miles now.

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
Buick Ownership
2013 Quicksilver Regal GS
Very nice. That is the only car I've seen with those wheels. I want them, they are sweet, but can't see spending that kind of money.

GOT2B GM

Woodstock Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6MT, 1997 LeSabre Custom Supercharged
Looks good.

My '12 GS does not have this screen in the DIC

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
Ebay. They are CREE LEDs with a projection lens. They are H10 bulbs, so extremly easy to find.

- - - Updated - - -

I got them from Detroit Tire refurbished with pull off Goodyear RSAs. They are 19s with 245/40/19 tires. I only spent $1400 with tires and TPMS sensors shipped.

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
My '12 GS does not have this screen in the DIC

The DIC was updated between the '12 and '13 model year. I asked Chris White if he could change the programming in the '12 DIC to show the screens of the '13 DIC, but he said there was a hardware update also (double the memory I think he mentioned). So a software update is not possible for us with 2012's to get the 2013 DIC screens, like the one he showed.

GOT2B GM

Woodstock Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6MT, 1997 LeSabre Custom Supercharged
The DIC was updated between the '12 and '13 model year. I asked Chris White if he could change the programming in the '12 DIC to show the screens of the '13 DIC, but he said there was a hardware update also (double the memory I think he mentioned). So a software update is not possible for us with 2012's to get the 2013 DIC screens, like the one he showed.

Awww booo-urns

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
I have a feeling that regardless of year, a GS didn't get that screen...this is just a Turbo CXL so it still tries to be economical....which for the most part considering the power it has when I want it is does a really good job at. I had a 2000 Century that never crested 26MPG on a tank....but a 98 Oldsmobile 88' with a 3800 that would do 30-32 highway. (I loved that car.)

Anyways, thanks everyone for the comments!

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
So small update.

I'm up to 47,000 miles. No issues have cropped up. Did my first oil change, it required 6.3 quarts with filter! I wasn't prepared for that, haha.

So I've asked two dealers about a double shift/hard down shift from 3rd. They all say, well it seems fine but bring it back if it gets worse. It's common on these because the Aisin Warner AF40 (Used in a ton of other non GM vehicles) from what I read has doesn't have an internal filter and dirties the fluid quite fast. Aisin says the fluid is a lifetime fluid, but GM released a TSB for the GS a while back that stated the fluid should be changed every 30k....lol. Honestly I'm just super picky about shifts, so I knew nothing was going to get done as it was so minor.

Anyways, so after a ton of research finding out what AW-1 fluid actually was, I found it was very similar to WS fluid used in other Aisin Transmissions. (Mostly in Toyotas) So I drained and refilled the trans using Valvoline Maxlife, and the shifts are quicker, smoother, the slap shift and 3rd gear issues were gone and under normal acceleration the shifts are imperceivable. I'm very happy.

Anyways, here's where the drain is for anyone that is wondering. Fill in on top of the trans, under the PCM next to the battery.

As I expected the fluid was brown. It smelled fine, not burnt or anything. But it was dirty.

Figured out my brake noise. As I took this pad out, way more debris and rocks fell out. :haha:

Oh, also I debadged it.

I like this picture.

Detailed my interior.

Illegal Regal

Buick Ownership
Buick
Mine is a 13' and I do not have that screen.

I installed 19x8.5 Verde Axis V99's on my 2016. I picked the bronze and just the love the way it looks with the Crimson Red.

One question, I'm having trouble with the tire pressure monitor system as the monitors don't work well with the Axis' centre mounted valve stem. Did you figure out a fix?

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
Got my Stage Tune and Intake.

Old intake box and terrible tubing.

New GM CAI.

It sounds AWESOME. There are even blow off noises now.

I'm going to have the tune installed in April.

D3matt

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal T
Love the Buick logo! Nicely done.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Waaay too clean for my likes. My engine needs to be a filthy slob. My mechanic should feel at home when working on my vehicle. No need to take off shoes at the door, so to speak. :p

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
Thanks!!

I detailed and desalted the inside of the regal today.

New trunk mat that cost me $15.00 lol.

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
Had my tune done today at my dealer. It worked out great, lots of turbo noise, vehicle shifts quicker, holds gears longer, is much quicker, and holds boost better. Overall very happy.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!