blend door motor replacement 2008 Buick Lucerne

cstubbs

Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne
Good afternoon, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 Buick Lucerne and it has the 3.8 V6. I was trying to run the A/c in it a few weeks ago. I live in Georgia and it does get cold here in the winter but I wanted to make sure the A/C was working like it should. It has the automatic climate control and also dual temperature control. The compressor comes on if the A/C button is pushed on. It does get cold but just on the passenger side if the A/C is on. The driver's side stays warm or hot depending on the temperature the climate control is set on. Like if the temp is 60 on the display hot air still comes out of the dash vent for the driver's side. Thanks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It appears from your post that a actuator may not be operating. Have you tried with the auto off, driver side only and cycle through the various blower output. If that doesn't, some times they hang up, then it may be a actuator isn't operating or on some other models low AC coolant may also affect it. But a visual check on the actuators is usually the next step.

I attached a search link on the forum with posts that may be helpful, some have diagrams on the HVAC system.

cstubbs

Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne
It appears from your post that a actuator may not be operating. Have you tried with the auto off, driver side only and cycle through the various blower output. If that doesn't, some times they hang up, then it may be a actuator isn't operating or on some other models low AC coolant may also affect it. But a visual check on the actuators is usually the next step.

I attached a search link on the forum with posts that may be helpful, some have diagrams on the HVAC system.
Thank you for your response. I will try those issues on the way to work tomorrow or during the weekend. I will let you know what happens.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!