Blind Spot Indicator Malfunction

haugland

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
We just bought a 2017 Encore and the driver's side blind-spot light is coming on when it should not. It seems to be electrical, as sometimes it will flash in time with the turn signals, and sometimes (but not always) it lights up when accelerating. It never seems to malfunction when the cruise control is set. Everything I've read in the forum so far is re: problems when it doesn't light up when it should. Does anyone else have this opposite problem?

Mr Swingline

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore Premium
Sorry I haven't heard of that issue either however ours has experience periods where it chooses not to work intermittently just never when the dealer checks it out haha. Still as mentioned above definitely worth bringing it in to see hopefully they have more success troubleshooting then my dealer has.

Jaj

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes! Recently bought 2017 Buick Encore. Actually one week old and the side build spot is having the same issues on the driver side,passenger side works fine. Took it back to the dealer they ran a scan,scan show no defect,but as witnessed by the mechanic during a test run the driver side blind spot indicator is not functioning properly.

Jaj

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Faulty sensor module. GM vehicles have a tendency to exhibit this problem with the side blind spot.
This is a relatively costly fix demand a fix/repair.

g_218054

Faulty sensor module. GM vehicles have a tendency to exhibit this problem with the side blind spot.
This is a relatively costly fix demand a fix/repair.
Just bought new 2018 encore with same problem one day old like what the F. When back to dealers they said never heard of it assholes. NEVER again they better fix it or will contact Buick.

fts1966

Kansas City MO.
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
i have a 17 and have been having this problem a lot i took it to the shop they replaced a module that took them over night to get.
#4265292 :N Module [02195-BCKT] part was $216.13 Labor was $317.40 we picked the car up and still had the problem off and on like before. 10 days later back in the shop today and they couldn't find a thing but said my bumpers were dirty from road salt and snow. i don't buy it it has been doing it with the car clean as well. it does seem to be working the 10 miles hole home from dealer i will know more tomorrow

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
i have a 17 and have been having this problem a lot i took it to the shop they replaced a module that took them over night to get.
#4265292 :N Module [02195-BCKT] part was $216.13 Labor was $317.40 we picked the car up and still had the problem off and on like before. 10 days later back in the shop today and they couldn't find a thing but said my bumpers were dirty from road salt and snow. i don't buy it it has been doing it with the car clean as well. it does seem to be working the 10 miles hole home from dealer i will know more tomorrow
Let me know how it goes since I'm dropping mine off this Friday. Haven't had it long enough though to know otherwise. Bumper is salty from snow last week, but its not like ridiculous dirty or anything. Would be useless if its that sensitive. And I believe the passenger side is working correctly as I dont see that one coming on all the time. Not all that worried as I have 4 years for them to fix it.:LOL:

fts1966

Kansas City MO.
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
yes im not buy the road salt thing at all i have had the car really muddy and really clean it still had the same problem keep on top of it and don't let them tell you other wise. they called it a Detection Module they said they are on the inside of the rear bumper corners on the corners

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
yes im not buy the road salt thing at all i have had the car really muddy and really clean it still had the same problem keep on top of it and don't let them tell you other wise. they called it a Detection Module they said they are on the inside of the rear bumper corners on the corners
I was wondering where they were at, I thought I would be able to see them from the outside but obviously not. Was going to see if it was something I could wipe off and it makes a difference.

fts1966

Kansas City MO.
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore
im ging to crawl un the car this weekend and see if i can find them they didn't take the bumpers off and they said you can see them up in there so im going to look

OldWhiteChevy

Hmmmm...I've been shopping around for '19 Encores every time Generous Motors sends me a notice that I'm eligible for an extra $2,000 bonus on top of my regular GM Card earnings and one of my must-have features is (was?) the Safety Package, which includes Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. After reading a lot of the posts about BSM problems, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it's a feature that's more trouble than it's worth?

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
Hmmmm...I've been shopping around for '19 Encores every time Generous Motors sends me a notice that I'm eligible for an extra $2,000 bonus on top of my regular GM Card earnings and one of my must-have features is (was?) the Safety Package, which includes Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. After reading a lot of the posts about BSM problems, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it's a feature that's more trouble than it's worth?
My blind spot monitoring is working as it should on my new 18 Encore after they performed the GM Bulletin fix of adding reflective tape to the drivers side sensor.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Don't let a few online posts sway you one way or another. Mostly what you'll see posted is the complaints and problems. When things are good people rarely post. Our 2016 has the BSM and rear cross traffic alert. 34k on it and it's all working just fine. When all is said and done these are just tools. They do not replace turning your head and looking.

G-10269

2016 Buick Enclave side monitors stopped working both modules replaced , blame it on road salt , $1000 later and 2 weeks of use ..guess what not working again!! So proud to be a owner !!

G-30918

wow.300 labor ? it take 1 minute to change the module...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.