• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Blind Spot Indicator Malfunction

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Hi Everyone!!

This same discussion has been going on over in the Buick Verano Forum.
Same problems with the Side Detection Module or connection going bad due to corrosion.

I posed the question about doing some preventative measures to keep the corrosion/contamination problem from occurring. The answer is yes, and can be done as a DIY. Probably different remedies can be tried/applied from using plastic tape around the connection to using silicone seal and foam gaskets on the module. Worth giving it a try since a fix after the fact can get pricey.

KimMarie

Buick Ownership
2014 Enclave
Same issue on my 2014 Enclave. $1300 to fix. Does anyone know where I can purchase the harness and module and instructions to fix it myself?

G-460911

Don't let a few online posts sway you one way or another. Mostly what you'll see posted is the complaints and problems. When things are good people rarely post. Our 2016 has the BSM and rear cross traffic alert. 34k on it and it's all working just fine. When all is said and done these are just tools. They do not replace turning your head and looking.
Mine shorted out and drained the battery so far down that I couldn’t get it out of park. Had to jumpstart so I could get it out of my garage. It cost ~ $500 to get it fixed. It was off at the time!

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Not to be rude but next time just remove the cap. ( Used my thumb nail to pop mine for the picture. ) Then insert key in slot press down tab lightly and you'll be able to shift out of park.

c7CwqMu.jpg

bY5k0PY.jpg

GP9x45x.jpg

GS Girl

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS Sportback
My blind spot monitoring is working as it should on my new 18 Encore after they performed the GM Bulletin fix of adding reflective tape to the drivers side sensor.
My blind spot monitoring works intermittently; at this point they have replaced both sensors, the wiring harness and now the mirror. Is this what was occurring with your car? When I first start to drive, the light works fine. After about 15-20 minutes, it fades to only a dim outline of the 'car' icon.

Smoothsailer717

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
I think Anyone who pays to have that stuff repaired is crazy I don't like that stuff anyway I drive tractor trailers and the newer trucks have it and I hate The constant beeping It does.. I know the car ones don't beep but its just a mimic I have no interest in

farscape1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
2019 Buick Encore with 27K miles and passenger blind spot monitoring keeps coming on and wont go off. Getting oil changed today so will bring it up. Seems like this is going to be an issue. Something like this shouldnt go bad so quick.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
2019 Buick Encore with 27K miles and passenger blind spot monitoring keeps coming on and wont go off. Getting oil changed today so will bring it up. Seems like this is going to be an issue. Something like this shouldnt go bad so quick.
It doesn't actually seem to happen to often. I believe there is a TSB that addresses a fix that the dealer can do to prevent it from happening again. But not that many people here have reported issues.

I know if it stopped working on my wife's Encore, I'd have to find a way to fix it. She really likes that feature.

farscape1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Dealership said the reflected tape wasn't on the drivers side module but its now fixed. For some reason it was on the passengers side. Some how it was interfering with each other or some thing like that. Guess the modules are in rear bumper and easy to get too according to the mechanic there. Blind Spot monitoring is a god send for people like me. That and the back up camera i cant ever live without.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

G-431996

We just bought a 2017 Encore and the driver's side blind-spot light is coming on when it should not. It seems to be electrical, as sometimes it will flash in time with the turn signals, and sometimes (but not always) it lights up when accelerating. It never seems to malfunction when the cruise control is set. Everything I've read in the forum so far is re: problems when it doesn't light up when it should. Does anyone else have this opposite problem?
My light comes on whenever and shows up on my lil screen saying undetected ,I have a 2014 Buick Encore just got it and it broke down on me already just a month ago I bought it ,check engine light comes ,power steering light traction light and car goes real slow ,already put 200in it now I gotta take to dealer and see what they say but where I bought it they won’t help me

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Don't take it to the dealer. They will rip you off. Your father & Son local corner shop will probably do a better job. You just may have a bad contactor on the coil pack. Easy fix.