Blower motor which one

Burndog

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #1
Hi I am having problems with my HVAC blower motor and I would like to replace it but I am not sure which version to buy. My lesabre is a 2002 model and I understand there are two versions one with the tube and one without. Is there an easy way to tell which version I need. I would rather not have to go through all of the trouble to remove the existing one only to have to put it back in until I can order a new one as it is very cold these days and I am without a garage.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
All blower motors use a tube (formed hose) to circulate air back into the blower motor to reduce heat, shortening the motor life.

Most likely, one of the blower motors you are considering, simply doesn’t come with a replacement tube, they may assume you will reuse the one from your existing motor, when you install the new motor.

Morethan than the included tube, you should look at which blower motor has rubber mounting gaskets, since this will significantly reduce the operating noise.

The process is really easy. A few screws to remove the panel underneath the glove box, and you’ll see the motor right there. I watched a YT video first, so I knew what to expect.

Burndog

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #3
Well I think I have it figured out. There are in fact two different parts depending upon when it was built for that 2002 model. Unfortunately with my luck I had one of the earlier produced lesabres of 2002 which did not incorporate a cooling tube. The second design only requires the little panel below the glove compartment to be removed and then undo three easily accessible screws to pull the blower motor . Mine being the first design requires the panel below the glove compartment to be removed the carpet and padding to be pulled back the glove compartment removed along with the dash integration module and it’s bracket and then finally six 7/32 bolts of which 4 are looking tough to get to.

I just hope that I can keep the blower motor working until the weather warms up. I had to pound on it like crazy this morning in -30 weather to get it started. I hope that I am not breaking any rules or anything but here is the link that made it clear as to which design I needed. https://www.justanswer.com/buick/2enix-replace-location-blower-motor-2002-lesabre-1st-desi.html
Hopefully it helps someone else with an 02 lesabre

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
Alright, so "blower without tube" looks like the blower motor sits inside the duct housing, whereas "blower with tube" sits below the duct housing.

When I bought my AC Delco blower motor, it came with the housing. I couldn't figure out why they would include that. I wound up throwing it away since I knew I wouldn't need it.

Thank you for sharing your solution. You are right, I hope it helps somebody wondering the same thing going forward.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.