• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Bluetooth Capability

pharmer

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I recently bought a used 2006 Lucerne and find it to be a great car with many really nice features. It came with a touch screen nav system/xm radio and, of course, On-star. I don't want to pay the On-star fee plus buy minutes for phone useage since the per minute phone charge would work out to be about 50 cents per minute (using 60 minutes of calling per month) but I do want to be able to use hands-free calling. The one feature it doesn't have is bluetooth (introduced in the 2009 model). Is there any way that I can add bluetooth capability so that my cell phone uses the built-in microphone and speakers in the vehicle. I thought perhaps I could use a bluetooth module that plugs into the auxillary jack on the radio/nav system. But then the microphone would probably still be on the cell phone and not access the car's microphone. Any ideas?

Detroit, USA
I recently bought a used 2006 Lucerne and find it to be a great car with many really nice features. It came with a touch screen nav system/xm radio and, of course, On-star. I don't want to pay the On-star fee plus buy minutes for phone useage since the per minute phone charge would work out to be about 50 cents per minute (using 60 minutes of calling per month) but I do want to be able to use hands-free calling. The one feature it doesn't have is bluetooth (introduced in the 2009 model). Is there any way that I can add bluetooth capability so that my cell phone uses the built-in microphone and speakers in the vehicle. I thought perhaps I could use a bluetooth module that plugs into the auxillary jack on the radio/nav system. But then the microphone would probably still be on the cell phone and not access the car's microphone. Any ideas?
I would suggest speaking with your dealership about any possible after-market options they have available for your vehicle.

Thanks,
Laura

Buick Customer Service

Buick Ownership
Buick
I looked at one unit that is in the $300 range and feel that is a little expensive for such an interface box, check out this site: www.costartech.com

Similar to the Cadillacs of that era, the onstar module is located in the
trunk, behind the rear seat, on the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]passenger [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]side[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of the pass through.
Remove the trim panel, and you should be able to access it.

Look forward to your posting or a PM

Black8

Western Mass.
Buick Ownership
07 Buick Lucerne CXS
The Costar is not an interface box, it completely replaces the existing OnStar unit and disables any other OnStar based feature in your vehicle. No more crash assistance, lockout assistance, stolen vehicle assistance, or voice navigation assistance...

joefla70

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just bought a 2007 Lucerne and was curious about the option to have bluetooth as well. In researching this online I saw the BlueStar and Galaxy1000 devices which cost about $250. But they disable your Onstar and you can't operate them through the steering wheel.

Well... while I was at a Buick dealer today to pick up a part I ordered, I asked the parts guy if it is possible to make my 2007 Lucerne have bluetooth. he said they can do it for $250 (parts and labor included). The best thing is that it won't disable the Onstar and you can use the steering wheel controls to answer calls rather than use the phone button on the Onstar controls on the rear view mirror.

Texas Jim

Fort Worth TX
Buick Ownership
2006 Cadillac DTS Performance Sedan
I just bought a 2007 Lucerne and was curious about the option to have bluetooth as well. In researching this online I saw the BlueStar and Galaxy1000 devices which cost about $250. But they disable your Onstar and you can't operate them through the steering wheel.

Well... while I was at a Buick dealer today to pick up a part I ordered, I asked the parts guy if it is possible to make my 2007 Lucerne have bluetooth. he said they can do it for $250 (parts and labor included). The best thing is that it won't disable the Onstar and you can use the steering wheel controls to answer calls rather than use the phone button on the Onstar controls on the rear view mirror.
JOEFLA...
If you do this, please keep us informed as to how you like it.

Jim

joefla70

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
JOEFLA...
If you do this, please keep us informed as to how you like it.

Jim

I am pretty sure I will do it at some point, but probably not anytime soon because of having just incurred the expense of buying the car and having to buy new tires. But when I do have the dealer install the bluetooth, I'll be sure to give an update.

Texas Jim

Fort Worth TX
Buick Ownership
2006 Cadillac DTS Performance Sedan
I am pretty sure I will do it at some point, but probably not anytime soon because of having just incurred the expense of buying the car and having to buy new tires.
But when I do have the dealer install the bluetooth, I'll be sure to give an update.
Thank you... it will be appreciated...

Jim

G-586755

There’s a Bluetooth device, for around 20$, plugs into your accessory input. Once paired with your phone, there you have it. A hands free phone over your speakers. The 2006 Buick Lucerne I have works with an input chord from my iPhone or my Bluetooth plugged in..my voice is clear as is the caller. Music streams well and calls are easily answered. Hands free is setup through your phone. Maps works great! Good luck

MuH44

Buick Ownership
2006 Allure CXL
There’s a Bluetooth device, for around 20$, plugs into your accessory input. Once paired with your phone, there you have it. A hands free phone over your speakers. The 2006 Buick Lucerne I have works with an input chord from my iPhone or my Bluetooth plugged in..my voice is clear as is the caller. Music streams well and calls are easily answered. Hands free is setup through your phone. Maps works great! Good luck
Could you give me make/model of this device? I would like to get one for my 2006 Buick.

Pedal Commander